Reasonable Number of Games

Hello all,
I'm just curious how many games you typically play at once. The most
I've tackled is 3 and that seemed to keep me busy. 2 seems the limit to
me to be able to 'focus'.

--
Aaron Deskins
Graduate Student

I've never played more than 3, and that many was a drain. 2 at a time
seems to be reasonable.

Everybody's limit is different, though. It depends on several factors,
in no particular order:
1) Deadlines (72 hour games? 3 week games? Something in between?)
2) Type of game (obviously, Gunboat takes a lot less time)
3) How much time you're willing to devote overall
4) How much emotional/intellectual bandwidth you can spare

Hi, Aaron

I'd say my limits are much like yours. Of course, as Tehipite Tom points
out, a lot depends on the kind of games you play. I've never played more
than 2 concurrent games of Standard full-press, and I wouldn't want to. But
I've been in a tournament which required participation in no fewer than 7
simultaneous games of 60hr Gunboat (no-press). That was taxing, but doable:
no mental breakdown, and no big mistakes (at least not due to overload!).

Cheers,
Andy