Integrated, easy to use, online Diplomacy.

phpDiplomacy handles order adjudication, messaging, and map generation,
all in an easy to use and intuitive interface. It's all written from
scratch in PHP, and it's under active development.

You can check it out using the links below, I would appreciate your
feedback, thanks,
Kestas J. K

phpDiplomacy test game:
[
http://dhost.info/kestas/phpdiplomacy/board.php?gid=1&loginuser=testuser&loginpass=testpass
]

phpDiplomacy public forum:
[ http://dhost.info/kestas/phpdiplomacy/ ]

Freshmeat Project page:
[ http://freshmeat.net/phpdiplomacy/ ]

SourceForge Project page:
[ http://phpdiplomacy.sf.net/ ]
7 answers Last reply
More about integrated easy online diplomacy
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    In article <1110609994.522466.121330@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, kestasjk wrote:
    > phpDiplomacy handles order adjudication, messaging, and map generation,
    > all in an easy to use and intuitive interface. It's all written from
    > scratch in PHP, and it's under active development.

    Millis Miller and myself are actually working on something similar, except
    it hooks into the existing Ken Lowe Judges. We've just gotten started, but
    anyone who's interested in helping is more than welcome.

    > You can check it out using the links below, I would appreciate your
    > feedback, thanks,
    > Kestas J. K
    >
    > phpDiplomacy test game:
    > [
    > http://dhost.info/kestas/phpdiplomacy/board.php?gid=1&
    > loginuser=testuser&loginpass=testpass
    > ]

    (snip)

    Just FYI, storing things like login names and passwords, in the
    URL itself is something of a security risk, particularly if your code
    actually /trusts/ these (as it seems to do -- contact me privately if you
    want more info). You're better off using session variables to store user
    login info.

    Also, it would be nice to have province names on the map you display.

    Otherwise looks like an interesting project -- good luck with it!

    -Tim Miller

    --
    tmiller@sdf.lonestar.org
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    > Millis Miller and myself are actually working on something similar,
    except
    > it hooks into the existing Ken Lowe Judges. We've just gotten
    started, but
    > anyone who's interested in helping is more than welcome.
    I'm also planning to add support in phpDiplomacy for using existing
    Diplomacy adjudicators; we seem to pretty much have the same goal in
    mind!
    Perhaps we should work together? There's no use in re-inventing the
    wheel if we're both aiming towards the same thing, and we'll get more
    exposure and users than if we work on seperate competing projects.

    > Just FYI, storing things like login names and passwords, in the
    > URL itself is something of a security risk, particularly if your code
    > actually /trusts/ these (as it seems to do -- contact me privately if
    you
    > want more info). You're better off using session variables to store
    user
    > login info.
    You're quite right, phpDiplomacy uses cookies for sessions, but you log
    in using GET or POST variables. Here's a sample cookie which
    authenticates you once you've logged in:
    Name: sid
    Content: a45fe163920b289ab39d439f90d77294%7C1

    The MD5 hash in the cookie is the md5 hash of your md5 hash with a
    random number appended, which is changed every time you log in; and the
    number at the end of the cookie is the user ID.
    phpDiplomacy was written with security in mind so I certainly welcome
    your feedback in this area especially.

    > Also, it would be nice to have province names on the map you display.
    Yep the map is, hopefully, one of the features which will be the most
    improved in 0.6. The map will change colours as you occupy various
    territories (AFAIK this will be a first in online Diplomacy games. :)
    ), and the armies and fleets which be represented by graphical icons
    rather than 'A' and 'F'.

    > Otherwise looks like an interesting project -- good luck with it!
    Thanks, again please consider working together rather than competing,
    Kestas J. K
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    On 12 Mar 2005 23:24:13 -0800, kestasjk wrote:

    >> Also, it would be nice to have province names on the map you display.
    > Yep the map is, hopefully, one of the features which will be the most
    > improved in 0.6. The map will change colours as you occupy various
    > territories (AFAIK this will be a first in online Diplomacy games. :)
    > ), and the armies and fleets which be represented by graphical icons
    > rather than 'A' and 'F'.

    Sorry to tell you that someone else was first:
    http://aachen.homeip.net/diplomacy/ contains an adjucator and program
    that makes play simple like your phpDiplomacy and originates from 2002
    (or 2001, I don't remember).
    Unfortunately the code is really, really bad. So it kinda works, but
    it's insecure and unmanageable and the game has a german interface only.
    So it never reached popularity, but if you want to take a look at the
    maps, you can see some at http://www/diplomacy/gfx/map_27_9_2.png ,
    http://www/diplomacy/gfx/map_24_9_2.png ,
    http://www/diplomacy/gfx/map_17_13_2.png ,
    http://www/diplomacy/gfx/map_19_15_2.png

    If someone wants to clean up the code: go ahead, but I guess it's easier
    to do a complete rewrite ;)

    Cheers,

    Lexi

    --
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    In article <1110698653.512546.237200@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, kestasjk wrote:

    > I'm also planning to add support in phpDiplomacy for using existing
    > Diplomacy adjudicators; we seem to pretty much have the same goal in
    > mind!
    > Perhaps we should work together? There's no use in re-inventing the
    > wheel if we're both aiming towards the same thing, and we'll get more
    > exposure and users than if we work on seperate competing projects.

    Exactly what I was thinking. If you go to http://www.njudge.org and go
    into the Web CVS repository you can find some of the early design ideas
    for the njudge-web project. We're really just getting started on
    implementation, though (actually I wrote some of the base classes several
    months ago but have been very busy since and just had time to pick it up
    again).

    The basic plan is to use the KL Judges for ajudication, as they are
    probably the most powerful and feature rich ajudication engines available,
    but lacks a friendly GUI frontend.

    >> login info.
    > You're quite right, phpDiplomacy uses cookies for sessions, but you log
    > in using GET or POST variables. Here's a sample cookie which
    > authenticates you once you've logged in:
    > Name: sid
    > Content: a45fe163920b289ab39d439f90d77294%7C1
    >
    > The MD5 hash in the cookie is the md5 hash of your md5 hash with a
    > random number appended, which is changed every time you log in; and the
    > number at the end of the cookie is the user ID.
    > phpDiplomacy was written with security in mind so I certainly welcome
    > your feedback in this area especially.

    That's good to hear. Ideally everything would be done over an SSL
    connection as well, but that has to be dependant on whether the host can
    support it.

    > Yep the map is, hopefully, one of the features which will be the most
    > improved in 0.6. The map will change colours as you occupy various
    > territories (AFAIK this will be a first in online Diplomacy games. :)
    > ), and the armies and fleets which be represented by graphical icons
    > rather than 'A' and 'F'.

    You should look at www.floc.net which is the mapping service for the
    Judges, run by Alain Tesio. All he does is parse KL Judge output through
    Mapit and displays the maps. The SCs do change color based on ownership.
    For njudge-web, Millis and I were planning to use floc.net since all the
    map generation work has been done very well by Alain.

    > Thanks, again please consider working together rather than competing,

    Certainly. As I said, njudge-web is really just out of the design phase
    partly because I have been busy at work and with some issues with the NZMB
    and USTT KL Judges, which I administer. In fact, you certainly have more
    working code than we do, and that's useful. The trick, I think, is
    integrating everything with the KL judges and creating a coherent player
    registration system. That's another goal of njudge-web ... taking
    registration data from the Judges and keeping it synchronized for you.

    You can contact me via e-mail if you'd like to talk about this more,. You
    should also probably CC Millis Miller. His e-mail is m i l l i s - a t -
    f a z t e k d o t o r g (muddled to block spammers).

    -Tim Miller

    --
    tmiller@sdf.lonestar.org
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Thanks for the info Lexi, too bad I couldn't be the first.. I think
    it's cleaner to start from scratch anyway. Hopefully njudge-web will be
    the only external code phpDiplomacy uses.

    Here's a map generated by phpDiplomacy:
    http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=mapphp0mz.png

    The 'A' and 'F' representing armies and fleets need to be replaced with
    graphical icons of course, but apart from that I think it's shaping up
    pretty well. :)

    Regards,
    Kestas.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Nice map. A couple of small points: You need a line to delineate
    Skagerrak, and you have Burgundy misspelled.

    Rob

    "kestasjk" <kestas.j.k@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the info Lexi, too bad I couldn't be the first.. I think
    > it's cleaner to start from scratch anyway. Hopefully njudge-web will be
    > the only external code phpDiplomacy uses.
    >
    > Here's a map generated by phpDiplomacy:
    > http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=mapphp0mz.png
    >
    > The 'A' and 'F' representing armies and fleets need to be replaced with
    > graphical icons of course, but apart from that I think it's shaping up
    > pretty well. :)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Kestas.

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Rob Addison wrote:
    > Nice map. A couple of small points: You need a line to delineate
    > Skagerrak, and you have Burgundy misspelled.
    >
    > Rob

    And it seems Estonia has been made part of Finland instead of Livonia.
    That's good ethnography, but lousy diplomacy.

    > "kestasjk" <kestas.j.k@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thanks for the info Lexi, too bad I couldn't be the first.. I think
    >>it's cleaner to start from scratch anyway. Hopefully njudge-web will be
    >>the only external code phpDiplomacy uses.
    >>
    >>Here's a map generated by phpDiplomacy:
    >>http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=mapphp0mz.png
    >>
    >>The 'A' and 'F' representing armies and fleets need to be replaced with
    >>graphical icons of course, but apart from that I think it's shaping up
    >>pretty well. :)
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Kestas.

Video Games