Every time I send a picture a pop-up appears asking me if I would like
to shrink the picture to fit or keep the original size. I always want to
keep the original size. Is there somewhere I can set this as permanent so I
don't have to choose every single time? Thanks...

1.37 MB (1,442,989 bytes) That's about average for a picture straight out
of my camera. If I tried to send that via email, it would take a very long
time on dial up, and some ISP's will reject over a certain size. Thankfully
I can reduce it with the reminder and clicking "yes" and send it as 50.4 KB
(51,644 bytes) after it is compressed. As far as I know there isn't a way
to defeat this, and keep in mind if your picture is smallish anyway, it
won't reduce it by much, so why not use it? How long does it take to click
"yes" or "no" in the grand scheme of things?

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> 1.37 MB (1,442,989 bytes) That's about average for a picture straight out
> of my camera. If I tried to send that via email, it would take a very
long
> time on dial up, and some ISP's will reject over a certain size.
Thankfully
> I can reduce it with the reminder and clicking "yes" and send it as 50.4
KB
> (51,644 bytes) after it is compressed. As far as I know there isn't a way
> to defeat this, and keep in mind if your picture is smallish anyway, it
> won't reduce it by much, so why not use it? How long does it take to
click
> "yes" or "no" in the grand scheme of things?

I'm a photographer. Lessening the size of a picture to mail it can reduce
the number of sells I will get off that picture. I need my potential
customers to be able to see the picture in its full form. My pictures are
1024x768 in their smallest format, and many are larger. It's not a matter
of life or death, but I can mail several hundred pictures a day and it does
get very old having to click to keep the original size every time. I'm sure
if you sent out that many, and the pictures were your income, you would feel
the same way. So does anyone know if there is a way to permanently keep the
original sizes?

"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message news:OaIue.73321$6g3.18840@tornado.texas.rr.com...

> "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>> 1.37 MB (1,442,989 bytes) That's about average for a picture straight out
>> of my camera. If I tried to send that via email, it would take a very
> long
>> time on dial up, and some ISP's will reject over a certain size.
> Thankfully
>> I can reduce it with the reminder and clicking "yes" and send it as 50.4
> KB
>> (51,644 bytes) after it is compressed. As far as I know there isn't a way
>> to defeat this, and keep in mind if your picture is smallish anyway, it
>> won't reduce it by much, so why not use it? How long does it take to
> click
>> "yes" or "no" in the grand scheme of things?
>
> I'm a photographer. Lessening the size of a picture to mail it can reduce
> the number of sells I will get off that picture. I need my potential
> customers to be able to see the picture in its full form. My pictures are
> 1024x768 in their smallest format, and many are larger. It's not a matter
> of life or death, but I can mail several hundred pictures a day and it does
> get very old having to click to keep the original size every time. I'm sure
> if you sent out that many, and the pictures were your income, you would feel
> the same way. So does anyone know if there is a way to permanently keep the
> original sizes?

Why not upload the photos to a server and provide a link? Your potential
customers won't mind. In fact, if they are only "potential", and especially
if they don't know you, you'll probably find that many of them aren't even
dowmloading them due to the size.

Why don't you just start the email, click attach and point to the picture
instead of starting at the picture and creating an email from it?
"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
Every time I send a picture a pop-up appears asking me if I would like
to shrink the picture to fit or keep the original size. I always want to
keep the original size. Is there somewhere I can set this as permanent so I
don't have to choose every single time? Thanks...

Disable "Send pictures via E-mail" wizard while using "E-mail this file
link" in Common Tasks pane:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/noimgresize.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP