Picture Size In Email

Every time I send a picture a pop-up appears asking me if I would like
to shrink the picture to fit or keep the original size. I always want to
keep the original size. Is there somewhere I can set this as permanent so I
don't have to choose every single time? Thanks...
5 answers Last reply
More about picture size email

    1.37 MB (1,442,989 bytes) That's about average for a picture straight out
    of my camera. If I tried to send that via email, it would take a very long
    time on dial up, and some ISP's will reject over a certain size. Thankfully
    I can reduce it with the reminder and clicking "yes" and send it as 50.4 KB
    (51,644 bytes) after it is compressed. As far as I know there isn't a way
    to defeat this, and keep in mind if your picture is smallish anyway, it
    won't reduce it by much, so why not use it? How long does it take to click
    "yes" or "no" in the grand scheme of things?

    "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
    > 1.37 MB (1,442,989 bytes) That's about average for a picture straight out
    > of my camera. If I tried to send that via email, it would take a very
    long
    > time on dial up, and some ISP's will reject over a certain size.
    Thankfully
    > I can reduce it with the reminder and clicking "yes" and send it as 50.4
    KB
    > (51,644 bytes) after it is compressed. As far as I know there isn't a way
    > to defeat this, and keep in mind if your picture is smallish anyway, it
    > won't reduce it by much, so why not use it? How long does it take to
    click
    > "yes" or "no" in the grand scheme of things?

    I'm a photographer. Lessening the size of a picture to mail it can reduce
    the number of sells I will get off that picture. I need my potential
    customers to be able to see the picture in its full form. My pictures are
    1024x768 in their smallest format, and many are larger. It's not a matter
    of life or death, but I can mail several hundred pictures a day and it does
    get very old having to click to keep the original size every time. I'm sure
    if you sent out that many, and the pictures were your income, you would feel
    the same way. So does anyone know if there is a way to permanently keep the
    original sizes?

    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message news:OaIue.73321$6g3.18840@tornado.texas.rr.com...

    > "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
    >> 1.37 MB (1,442,989 bytes) That's about average for a picture straight out
    >> of my camera. If I tried to send that via email, it would take a very
    > long
    >> time on dial up, and some ISP's will reject over a certain size.
    > Thankfully
    >> I can reduce it with the reminder and clicking "yes" and send it as 50.4
    > KB
    >> (51,644 bytes) after it is compressed. As far as I know there isn't a way
    >> to defeat this, and keep in mind if your picture is smallish anyway, it
    >> won't reduce it by much, so why not use it? How long does it take to
    > click
    >> "yes" or "no" in the grand scheme of things?
    >
    > I'm a photographer. Lessening the size of a picture to mail it can reduce
    > the number of sells I will get off that picture. I need my potential
    > customers to be able to see the picture in its full form. My pictures are
    > 1024x768 in their smallest format, and many are larger. It's not a matter
    > of life or death, but I can mail several hundred pictures a day and it does
    > get very old having to click to keep the original size every time. I'm sure
    > if you sent out that many, and the pictures were your income, you would feel
    > the same way. So does anyone know if there is a way to permanently keep the
    > original sizes?

    Why not upload the photos to a server and provide a link? Your potential
    customers won't mind. In fact, if they are only "potential", and especially
    if they don't know you, you'll probably find that many of them aren't even
    dowmloading them due to the size.

    Why don't you just start the email, click attach and point to the picture
    instead of starting at the picture and creating an email from it?
    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    Every time I send a picture a pop-up appears asking me if I would like
    to shrink the picture to fit or keep the original size. I always want to
    keep the original size. Is there somewhere I can set this as permanent so I
    don't have to choose every single time? Thanks...

    Disable "Send pictures via E-mail" wizard while using "E-mail this file
    link" in Common Tasks pane:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/noimgresize.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    > Every time I send a picture a pop-up appears asking me if I would like
    > to shrink the picture to fit or keep the original size. I always want to
    > keep the original size. Is there somewhere I can set this as permanent so
    > don't have to choose every single time? Thanks...

Email Microsoft Windows XP