Mounting and running '.iso' file in Windows XP

I have a useful utility in the form of an xxx.iso disc image file. It
contains an executable program file (xxx.exe) and an autorun.inf file. Is
there some way I can mount the image and run the program, either within
Windows or from the Command prompt.

Evanapp
4 answers Last reply
More about mounting running file windows

    It's an image of a CD or DVD.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
    and see DVDBurn and CDBurn to make them into a disk.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
    To treat an ISO file as if it's a real CD.

    MS supplies software for download only in ISO these days (for your offices and windows and Visual studio) so they released a tool to make them usuable.

    David Candy wrote:
    > It's an image of a CD or DVD.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
    > and see DVDBurn and CDBurn to make them into a disk.
    >
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
    > To treat an ISO file as if it's a real CD.
    >
    > MS supplies software for download only in ISO these days (for your
    > offices and windows and Visual studio) so they released a tool to
    > make them usuable.

    I found the interface (what there is of an interface - let's call it a
    method..) to not be as clean as something like Daemon Tools though..

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    An ISO is an image which can be burned directly to CD/DVD. Alternatively
    you can use something like IsoBuster to extract the contents.
    http://www.isobuster.com/

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > It's an image of a CD or DVD.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
    > and see DVDBurn and CDBurn to make them into a disk.
    >
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
    > To treat an ISO file as if it's a real CD.
    >
    > MS supplies software for download only in ISO these days (for your offices and windows and Visual studio) so they released a tool to make them usuable.

    Thanks. I'll give the virtual pc control panel a try. I'd rather not bother
    burning a cd.

    Evanapp

ISO Windows XP