Password get around?

I am working on a computer and the owner forgot the login password for
Administrator and himself.
XP Pro

Any way around this?
2 answers Last reply
More about password around

    SHRED wrote:
    > I am working on a computer and the owner forgot the login password for
    > Administrator and himself.
    > XP Pro
    >
    > Any way around this?

    If XP Professional, reboot and press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice in a row - log in as
    the user "administrator" and for the password, just press ENTER. (blank
    password..) May/may not work..

    If you can get logged on as ADMINISTRATOR, simply go in now and change the
    other users password to something you will now know.

    Other options...

    Look here:

    and/or try these..
    Hack your password:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    Another Password Hack:
    http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html

    Search using Google!
    http://www.google.com/
    (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Not really.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "SHRED" wrote:

    | I am working on a computer and the owner forgot the login password for
    | Administrator and himself.
    | XP Pro
    |
    | Any way around this?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP