creating a shortcut to windows explorer in windows xp home..

Tags:
  • Windows Explorer
  • Explorer
  • Windows XP
June 23, 2005 10:39:02 PM

I have a computer that is running windows xp home edition. I cannot create a
shortcut to the windows explorer application on my desktop, as the windows
explorer program does not appear in the programs window. I know that if I
click on the start menu and navagate to the programs icon, a second window
wil appear showing all of the programs that are installed on my computer.
However in the programs menu, I cannot see my explorer application anywhere.

Can someone describe anoher way to create a windows explorer icon on my desk
top without being able to go to the start menu, programs and then explorer
icon, as I said before the explorer icon is missing. I also would like to
know if this other method of creating a windows explorer icon would work in
other operating systems such as windows 95, 98 and windows NT as I have a
variety of computers at work and I need to be able to create windows explorer
icons using either menthod mentioned here.

Edward Letendre.

More about : creating shortcut windows explorer windows home

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:45:48 AM

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: NEW > SHORTCUT
2. In the Create Shortcut window, type in: EXPLORER.EXE , and click "Next"
3. In the next window, type in: Windows Explorer , and click "Finish"
4. A new Windows Explorer shortcut icon will appear on your Desktop.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Edward Letendre" wrote:

| I have a computer that is running windows xp home edition. I cannot create a
| shortcut to the windows explorer application on my desktop, as the windows
| explorer program does not appear in the programs window. I know that if I
| click on the start menu and navagate to the programs icon, a second window
| wil appear showing all of the programs that are installed on my computer.
| However in the programs menu, I cannot see my explorer application anywhere.
|
| Can someone describe anoher way to create a windows explorer icon on my desk
| top without being able to go to the start menu, programs and then explorer
| icon, as I said before the explorer icon is missing. I also would like to
| know if this other method of creating a windows explorer icon would work in
| other operating systems such as windows 95, 98 and windows NT as I have a
| variety of computers at work and I need to be able to create windows explorer
| icons using either menthod mentioned here.
|
| Edward Letendre.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 5:49:06 AM

In this Mce/Xp Pro and previous OS's I have always right clicked either
My Computer icon or Start in taskbar, which allows you selection of
Explorer, search etc.

"Edward Letendre" wrote:

> I have a computer that is running windows xp home edition. I cannot create a
> shortcut to the windows explorer application on my desktop, as the windows
> explorer program does not appear in the programs window. I know that if I
> click on the start menu and navagate to the programs icon, a second window
> wil appear showing all of the programs that are installed on my computer.
> However in the programs menu, I cannot see my explorer application anywhere.
>
> Can someone describe anoher way to create a windows explorer icon on my desk
> top without being able to go to the start menu, programs and then explorer
> icon, as I said before the explorer icon is missing. I also would like to
> know if this other method of creating a windows explorer icon would work in
> other operating systems such as windows 95, 98 and windows NT as I have a
> variety of computers at work and I need to be able to create windows explorer
> icons using either menthod mentioned here.
>
> Edward Letendre.

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 7:15:41 PM

Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
Customize Desktop button | General tab |
Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
? My Documents
? My Computer
? My Network Places
? Internet Explorer

[[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on your
desktop.]]

Or...

Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK

--