Lawdog

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2005

I'm having trouble getting the screen on my Dell Inspiron 8600 to wake up.
I'm not sure if the computer is hibernating or if I'm getting a dark screen
as screen saver.

If I try to wake up the computer the hard drive spins up but nothing comes
up on the screen. If I hit enter key a couple of times the computer
eventually shuts down.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you.

What happens when you continually hit F11 on boot up with your Dell

--
Peter

"lawdog" <lawdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE62964-BCAA-479B-AE9D-5DE35E9E0310@microsoft.com...
> I'm having trouble getting the screen on my Dell Inspiron 8600 to wake up.
> I'm not sure if the computer is hibernating or if I'm getting a dark screen
> as screen saver.
>
> If I try to wake up the computer the hard drive spins up but nothing comes
> up on the screen. If I hit enter key a couple of times the computer
> eventually shuts down.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS