Closed

screen only shows my wallpaper

June 23, 2005 11:35:01 PM

I have windows XP Home Addition. My computer starts up okay with the Dell
logo, then the windows XP logo, then the blue "welcome" logo, but then only
my wallpaper appears. I have no files showing and no task bar. I've tried
putting in game and music cd's to see if something would pop up, but I get
nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brian.

--
BrianB

More about : screen shows wallpaper

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 8:27:52 AM

Brian, try a System Restore. On next startup tap F8 repeatedly until you
get a Menu. If yes choose Safe Mode. If WinXP
loads in Safe Mode go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System
Tools>System Restore.
"BrianSOAD" <BrianSOAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows XP Home Addition. My computer starts up okay with the Dell
> logo, then the windows XP logo, then the blue "welcome" logo, but then
> only
> my wallpaper appears. I have no files showing and no task bar. I've
> tried
> putting in game and music cd's to see if something would pop up, but I get
> nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brian.
>
> --
> BrianB
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 3:29:46 PM

Try to determine whether a damaged or incompatible driver is the cause
of this behavior. To do this, start Windows XP in Safe mode, and then
use the clean boot troubleshooting method to determine whether a
specific driver or file is causing this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316434&sd=RMVP

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

BrianSOAD wrote:

> I have windows XP Home Addition. My computer starts up okay with the Dell
> logo, then the windows XP logo, then the blue "welcome" logo, but then only
> my wallpaper appears. I have no files showing and no task bar. I've tried
> putting in game and music cd's to see if something would pop up, but I get
> nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brian.

December 10, 2010 9:53:42 PM

Just run explorer.exe on task manager(ctrl+alt+delete)
Then,go to processes and terminate explorer.exe
December 10, 2010 11:09:28 PM

This thread is 5 years old.
!