Cant install windows 7 properly :(

hariss

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
first off i wanaa tell u... i hav hp pavilion dv4 -1318TU , 4 gb RAM and 320 hard disk,,, i hav installed window 7 home primium, but it giving errors like 0x0000005, i cant open application. antivirus, nothing....... and now i trying to install window 7 ultimate again.... it is not working.. just option comes on screen click to boot.. then it upload files.. after that.. previous windows come.... help me .....:(

noise

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS to have the CD/DVD driver before the hard disk. (usually F10 at boot on a HP machine). This should allow you to reinstall Windows without it booting into the existing damaged installation.

Set your boot order to use DVD drive as suggested. When you get to the screen 'Where do you want to Install Windows' choose 'Drive Options (Advanced)
Here you can format the partition on which you want to install Windows so that you can achieve a 'clean install'.

hariss

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
HOW TO CHANGE THE BOOT ORDER... ?? LET ME TELL U WHAT I DID.. I PUT DVD HAVING WINDOWS 7.. THE I SHUT DOWN THE PC.... and started it again.. then i press f9 here comes.. INTERNAL DVD /CD i clicked on it..... then pc showed me... click any key to booot... i dit that.. after few seconds files loaded.. and then comes starting windows........ BUT AFTER FEW SECONDS... PREVIOUS WIN7 CAME i was using b4 :(

hariss

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
from my dad...he gave me today...!!!! look.. i tried to install win7.. in pendrive too... but it didnt worked. :( im working on this from last 3 days... :( but useless... some times whenever i run any application... like i was downloading frame net... but it said memory coudnt written.. press ok to trminate the programme... :(((

Hi :)

Sounds like a bad disc.... is it a GENUINE MICROSOFT disc with a Hologram on it or a copy disc ?

All the best Brett :)

check your dad cd..does it say upgrade on it?? if it does it not a fully bootable disk. if your hp is a newer unit there should be a set of restore cd or a restore partion on the main hard drive. if it has a restore partion you have to hit a f key at post to start the restore. if your pc has a set of restore cd and you lost them you can pick up a set on ebay or from hp.

hariss

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
i dont know.. why windows is giving me errors like 0x0000005 when ever i run any application..... thts dnt works.... cant install and uninstall any application on pc :( antivirus too.. and windows defender is showing .. pc is working properly!!

hariss

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
i used........ lots of copy discs b4.... and they worked........ thats not a solution... my pc hav some problem....... ADDICT... do u know why windows are giving.. errors like that.. 0x00000005.. and unable to install and uninstall an application....?????

Hi :)

Stop saying what YOU think and listen to us..we are Pros...

Have you GOT A GENUINE disc to try ?

All the best Brett :)

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Can you swap the optical drives? If so use the drive from the working one.

You still need a genuine disk, however your optical drive might be going bad as well, either the drive is old or it's not designed to read burned cds (even though it 'can').