Sign in with
Your question

Win 7 pdf download issues

Last response: in Windows 7
August 22, 2012 5:03:37 PM

I am unable to download pdf files with windows 7. I have tried Adobe Reader updates, Adobe Reader Repair. I have tried Uninstalling Adobe Reader and reinstalling it. I rebooted computer everytime i tried something different. The problem is still happening. Now,I also tried downloading the same pdf file thru a Firefox browser and it worked fine. Please help with my win 7 pdf issue. This is also a private computer.

***Edit: Since my original post above, I uninstalled Adobe Reader and downloaded Foxit Reader. Now when I try to download a pdf file I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" Error (Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe) abnormal program termination. Two different reader programs and still can't download pdf files. I'm begining to think it is not the reader programs and possably my Interent Explorer. Like stated above I can download using Firefox browser. Any info and help would be appreciated.

***Edit: I've run Anti-virus and Malwarebytes and No issues were found, I did uninstall IE9 but now I can't Re-install it. I did not see the post about doing a IE9 default reset before uninstalling IE9. I have been working on using the trouble shhoting guide for reinstalling IE9 but no succes yet. Keep getting an Error Code: 80092004. So I am now running IE8 and I am still having the original problem "Can't download pdf files".

***Edit: I Do have IE9 installed and running now. However, I am back to my original problem "Can't download pdf files". Adobe is still Un-installed and I'm running Foxit Reader currently. Still getting IE runtime error when i try to download a pdf file. I can however, open a pdf file that was emailed to me. Also, I can download pdf files thru a Firefox browser.

"Pulling hair out - can't afford to loose anymore."
a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2012 6:34:51 PM

I would be scaning for a virus.
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 7:19:55 PM

Start by resetting IE back to defaults. Sounds like a corrupt add-on.
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:04:11 PM

anonymous1 said:
I would be scaning for a virus.

ran Avg and Malwarebytes. Nothing found.
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:06:00 PM

rgd1101 said:
reinstall or repair IE
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Ok uninstalled IE9, now I can't reinstall it. I've triedthe trouble shooting guide from windows and I get and error code 80092004. so on top of my first issue I now can't download IE9 again.
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:09:36 PM

price_th said:
Start by resetting IE back to defaults. Sounds like a corrupt add-on.

might have been a helpfull tip, but unfortunately I did not see this post before uninstalling IE9. please see my original post for more info. I will contine to edit and update it. tks
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2012 10:09:52 PM

Hi

describe what happens when you try to download a file with pdf extension from IE9,
I presume you get some sort of [error] message

Was it any different when using IE8 after un-installing IE9 ?

Can you view a PDF document in IE or Firefox instead of downloading it to disk ?

Strange things can happen.
At work recently a colleague wanted to print a PDF document from IE or Firefox or Windows Explorer and the Xerox printer driver kept trying to save the pdf file on the hard disk.
[The Save As dialogue box opened up]

Eventually he was shown a tick box on the Xerox printer interface which was for saving pdf files to disk instead of printing them. (Print to file?)

best of luck

Mike Barnes
m
l
August 22, 2012 10:24:15 PM

pine89 said:
I am unable to download pdf files with windows 7. I have tried Adobe Reader updates, Adobe Reader Repair. I have tried Uninstalling Adobe Reader and reinstalling it. I rebooted computer everytime i tried something different. The problem is still happening. Now,I also tried downloading the same pdf file thru a Firefox browser and it worked fine. Please help with my win 7 pdf issue. This is also a private computer.

***Edit: Since my original post above, I uninstalled Adobe Reader and downloaded Foxit Reader. Now when I try to download a pdf file I get a Windows Runtime Error. Two different reader programs and still can't download pdf files. I'm begining to think it is not the reader programs and possably my Interent Explorer. Like stated above I can download using Firefox browser. Any info and help would be appreciated.

***Edit: I've run Anti-virus and Malwarebytes and No issues were found, I did uninstall IE9 but now I can't Re-install it. I did not see the post about doing a IE9 default reset before uninstalling IE9. I have been working on using the trouble shhoting guide for reinstalling IE9 but no succes yet. Keep getting an Error Code: 80092004. So I am now running IE8 and I am still having the original problem "Can't download pdf files".

***Edit: I Do have IE9 installed and running now. However, I am back to my original problem "Can't download pdf files". Adobe is still Un-installed and I'm running Foxit Reader currently. Still getting IE runtime error when i try to download a pdf file. I can however, open a pdf file that was emailed to me. Also, I can download pdf files thru a Firefox browser.

"Pulling hair out - can't afford to loose anymore."

mbarnes86 said:
Hi

describe what happens when you try to download a file with pdf extension from IE9,
I presume you get some sort of [error] message

Was it any different when using IE8 after un-installing IE9 ?

Can you view a PDF document in IE or Firefox instead of downloading it to disk ?

Strange things can happen.
At work recently a colleague wanted to print a PDF document from IE or Firefox or Windows Explorer and the Xerox printer driver kept trying to save the pdf file on the hard disk.
[The Save As dialogue box opened up]

Eventually he was shown a tick box on the Xerox printer interface which was for saving pdf files to disk instead of printing them. (Print to file?)

best of luck

Mike Barnes

I believe all my answers are in my original post at the top of this thread.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2012 2:33:00 PM

"I am unable to download pdf files with windows 7"

Please clarify. Are you:
-trying to open the file in the browser?
-trying to download the file from a website to your PC?
-trying to download a file that was sent as an email attachment?
m
l
August 23, 2012 2:48:34 PM

Herr_Koos said:
"I am unable to download pdf files with windows 7"

Please clarify. Are you:
-trying to open the file in the browser?
-trying to download the file from a website to your PC?
-trying to download a file that was sent as an email attachment?

*I am trying to open the file in my browser IE9 (side note I can open in Firefox browser but not IE9, IE9 is the browser I use the most)
* I can open a pdf file from my e-mail just fine.
m
l
!