Need help with which 19" to get!

faded

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I plan on buying a new 19" LCD in the next few days. Its all got pretty confusing even after reading all the Toms reviews..
I'm looking at something in the price range of the Dell 1907FP. Are these any good? Have also been looking at the Viewsonic VX922.
It will mainly be used for gaming with some graphic/photo work. FPS and racing games are what I mainly play so need something that will be pretty fast too.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

faded

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I've heard those panels are good, but living in New Zealand, there doesn't seem to be any suppliers of them here... I found one, but they don't supply any prices.

noexcuse4you

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I own the Viewsonic VX922. It's definitely one of the fastest monitors out there. The viewing angles aren't that great so, if you're concerned about that, i'd look somewhere else. Other than that, I'm happy with it!

faded

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I ended up getting the VX922 and im pretty impressed. Excellent build quality. Super sharp and quick. Its a big difference from my old analog 15" LCD to a 19" with DVI.

asap

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
I own the Viewsonic VX922. It's definitely one of the fastest monitors out there. The viewing angles aren't that great so, if you're concerned about that, i'd look somewhere else. Other than that, I'm happy with it!

I've been looking at the VX922 for a while, but I'm not a crazy hardcore gamer, don't get me wrong I play a lot of games, but I also do a lot of other things with my computer video/photo edit, web, music, ect . . . And I'm just wondering how it handles non game activities considering how fast the response times is, I'm worried that the VX922 might have poor quality else where. . . ?! Any help would be much appreciated! :D

majoravatar

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
I own the VX922 and I have to say that I am impressed. So far it has handled everything I have thrown at it except for playing movies. Text, GAMING, web usage, and so forth are all great. The viewing angle problem is mitigated by sitting back from the screen a bit, and I wouldn't suggest this one if you need perfect color definition (e.g. if you are a graphic designer, etc.). As I already mentioned, this monitor only is so-so with movies, but manufactures seem to be designing with single-purpose displays in mind (as Tom's hardware said in the aforementioned article) Otherwise, this is a good monitor.

Hope it helps...