Sign in with
Your question

Windows Updates Won't Install

Last response: in Windows 7
August 22, 2012 7:23:29 PM

Hello everyone

Basically my issue is when I install a Windows update, it installs then I go to shut down the PC and it installs before shutting off. I then go to pack on my PC and the update is back again, I have repeated this several times and It is still there. anyone have any ideas?

The update is:
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 for x64-bases systems (KB954430)

Thanks very much
Rob
August 22, 2012 7:38:21 PM

Check your Windows update log. I've seen a lot of recent issues with Win 7 updates failing for whatever reason. If they fail it just keeps trying. The log will give you an error code if they fail. A search of the web can help correct what is causing the error. I had a brand new install of Win 7 Pro, couldn't get SP1 to install. Ended up having to manually install a couple updates one by one before I could get SP1 to install manually as well.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2012 7:49:49 PM

also clear our the windows updated folder. and then try again. windows 7 update will try and use the file first in the download folder even if it damaged before it goes out and try's and download it again.
m
l
August 23, 2012 5:22:50 PM

Sometimes you have to press some bar for permission and if you dont it will just fail. Other times, you have to disable your virus scanner or something like that. Also you might try to manually download the entire SP1. I think this sometimes works faster.
m
l
!