Sign in with
Your question

Monitor for Graphic Designer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 16, 2006 9:10:09 PM

Hellp, I am a graphic designer/print layout designer. I am in the market for a new LCD monitor. I think I will be getting a 19".

I was wondering if any other similarly situated designers could recommend in a dislpay that would best suit my professional needs as far as true color display, widescreen vs. regular, etc. What are the specs I should be looking for in a display? I have found many good deals for around $200 in the last couple months and ready to make a purchase.

I appreciate any help.
July 17, 2006 5:03:43 PM

I would be looking at NEC, Eizo and Viewsonic for a good graphics monitor. None of this will be close to $200 though. You are going to want to make sure it has an S-IPS panel in it.

NEC 1970NX, 1990FX, 1990SXi all use S-IPS panels. The 1990SXi is specifically made for grpahics, photography, and medical use though.
July 19, 2006 7:48:17 PM

If you're a print designer and color really matters to you go for CRT monitor.
Where I freelance, I've always have color issue with LCD monitors. You can really tell the color difference between LCD and CRT. I notice that LCD don't use true black, its a dark shade of gray. But of course you should always have a pantone book next to you when ever you design =).
!