Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows Live
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 22, 2012 8:31:14 PM

I downloaded what I needed from Microsoft, but don't have a clue what to do next to make it work. I did this so that I eventually could use OE (I can't take Windows Live any more!). Can someone help me, please?

More about : vertual win7

a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2012 8:48:06 PM

Hi :) 

Which version of 7 have you got as Virtual Xp will ONLY work on Pro or Ultimate ...NOT HOME PREMIUM...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
August 22, 2012 8:58:31 PM

You need to have Pro or Ultimate to run XP mode in Win 7 as Brett said. Even if you do XP mode has some issues with certain boards so you may need to update your BIOS especially if you have a gigabyte board. If you have a Home version of Windows then you're going to have to use Oracle Virtual Box and install on it a valid copy of Windows XP.
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 8:59:54 PM

If that OE is Outlook Express why not just try Thunderbird or something instead, running a virtual machine seems rather a lot for just that.
m
l
August 23, 2012 4:31:44 AM

You can also download VMWare Player which is free and works on any version of Windows 7. Like megamanx00 says, you will still have to own a license for Windows XP.

However, if you have a working XP computer, you can use the free VMWare Standalone Converter and convert your XP machine to a VM. It works great and there's a ton of support for it all over the internet.
m
l
!