Why does my wireless adapter keep disabling itself?

ds306711

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
My laptop constantly loses internet. I live in a house with three other people, and all of their laptops/ipods stay connected to the internet just fine. But every five or ten minutes, my laptop disconnects from the internet. I push the little wireless button off and then back on, and then my internet reconnects like nothing happened. But then about five minutes later, I lose signal again. I have no idea why this is happening, especially because the router is in my room so it's not a distance issue, nor is it an issue with the router because again, no one else in my house has this issue. It's only my laptop, and it does this when I take it anywhere.

PLEASE help me, because if I don't figure out how to make this stop soon, I'm going to chuck my laptop at my wall. >:|

Hi

Just because no one else has problems it does not absolutely mean your laptop is at fault

The Wireless router may output 802.11b, (802.11a,) 802.11g and 802.11n (or only some of them)

your wireless devices may not all support the same standards b / g / n

there may be more interference on one than the others, sometimes changing the channel used by the wireless router(1 to 11 or 1 to 13) may improve things eg if all you and your neighbours are using channel 6 changing to another may help (preferred channels 1, 6 and 11)

Is this a new laptop or has the problem suddenly occured ?
Does it work elseware (wireless hotspot etc) ?

regards

Mike Barnes