Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Program will not uninstall

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 9:01:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm trying to remove a program from Add/Remove Programs. When I click on
uninstall, it sits idle, and when I try to close the uninstall window I get
an error message. Can anyone help me with this please?
Thank you
--
Aly

More about : program uninstall

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:57:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Alythria" <phann@pennswoods.net> wrote in message
news:2FB52959-E2F9-450A-A28B-780676FA3E46@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to remove a program from Add/Remove Programs. When I click on
> uninstall, it sits idle, and when I try to close the uninstall window I
> get
> an error message. Can anyone help me with this please?
> Thank you
> --
> Aly

There may have been a partial uninstall, try reinstalling the program and
then uninstalling - works sometimes.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:57:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thank you! It worked!
--
Aly


"Taffyrj" wrote:

>
> "Alythria" <phann@pennswoods.net> wrote in message
> news:2FB52959-E2F9-450A-A28B-780676FA3E46@microsoft.com...
> > I'm trying to remove a program from Add/Remove Programs. When I click on
> > uninstall, it sits idle, and when I try to close the uninstall window I
> > get
> > an error message. Can anyone help me with this please?
> > Thank you
> > --
> > Aly
>
> There may have been a partial uninstall, try reinstalling the program and
> then uninstalling - works sometimes.
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:57:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

i have a question related to this, how does one find the uninstall files in a
system, someone tld me to go c:p rogram files, cept i dont know how to get
there, thanks

"Alythria" wrote:

> Thank you! It worked!
> --
> Aly
>
>
> "Taffyrj" wrote:
>
> >
> > "Alythria" <phann@pennswoods.net> wrote in message
> > news:2FB52959-E2F9-450A-A28B-780676FA3E46@microsoft.com...
> > > I'm trying to remove a program from Add/Remove Programs. When I click on
> > > uninstall, it sits idle, and when I try to close the uninstall window I
> > > get
> > > an error message. Can anyone help me with this please?
> > > Thank you
> > > --
> > > Aly
> >
> > There may have been a partial uninstall, try reinstalling the program and
> > then uninstalling - works sometimes.
> >
> >
> >
June 27, 2005 3:16:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

matchstich wrote:

> i have a question related to this, how does one find the uninstall files in a
> system, someone tld me to go c:p rogram files, cept i dont know how to get
> there, thanks
>

Don't hijack another thread. Post a new one with a complete description
of the system, problem, and trouble shooting steps you've employed.

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
!