dual boot problem XP Home/Pro

hi all
I upgraded an XP Home PC to XP Pro using an upgrade disk and somehow have
got a dual boot situation.
On start up I get the option to boot up in XP Home or XP Pro.
I just want XP pro how can I get it to cancel the dual boot and go straight
to XP Pro
cheers, david, UK
3 answers Last reply
More about dual boot problem home

    Hi

    Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:

    ""I have two installations of XP on the same partition........""
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "David" <david@epplus-nospamplease.org.uk> wrote in message
    > hi all
    > I upgraded an XP Home PC to XP Pro using an upgrade disk and somehow have
    > got a dual boot situation.
    > On start up I get the option to boot up in XP Home or XP Pro.
    > I just want XP pro how can I get it to cancel the dual boot and go
    > straight to XP Pro
    > cheers, david, UK

    Thanks Will, that's just what I need.
    cheers, David

    > Hi
    >
    > Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:
    >
    > ""I have two installations of XP on the same partition........""
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "David" <david@epplus-nospamplease.org.uk> wrote in message
    >> hi all
    >> I upgraded an XP Home PC to XP Pro using an upgrade disk and somehow
    >> have got a dual boot situation.
    >> On start up I get the option to boot up in XP Home or XP Pro.
    >> I just want XP pro how can I get it to cancel the dual boot and go
    >> straight to XP Pro
    >> cheers, david, UK

    You're welcome David.

    --

    "David" <davidp@epplus-nospamplease.org.uk> wrote in message
    > Thanks Will, that's just what I need.
    > cheers, David

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:
    >>
    >> ""I have two installations of XP on the same partition........""
    >> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "David" <david@epplus-nospamplease.org.uk> wrote in message
    >>> hi all
    >>> I upgraded an XP Home PC to XP Pro using an upgrade disk and somehow
    >>> have got a dual boot situation.
    >>> On start up I get the option to boot up in XP Home or XP Pro.
    >>> I just want XP pro how can I get it to cancel the dual boot and go
    >>> straight to XP Pro
    >>> cheers, david, UK

Dual Boot Microsoft Windows XP