Sims2

I'm not very technically minded, and I can't get my daughter's newly
purchased Sims2 running on Windows ME. The error message I get is something
like "Failed to find DirectX9.0c compatible graphics adapter. Apparently
I've got a ProSavage KM133 graphics card. Having looked around this site a
bit, would I be safe in assuming that the Sims 2 game won't run on this card
and that I've got to get a new one. I don't know if its relevant (apart from
to me) but I live in the UK. Help!
--
chip
2 answers Last reply

    Hi Chip,

    Your assumption is correct.

    That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
    not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.

    For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "chip" <chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CF773C6-397D-41C6-9576-4400559C2C1B@microsoft.com...
    > I'm not very technically minded, and I can't get my daughter's newly
    > purchased Sims2 running on Windows ME. The error message I get is something
    > like "Failed to find DirectX9.0c compatible graphics adapter. Apparently
    > I've got a ProSavage KM133 graphics card. Having looked around this site a
    > bit, would I be safe in assuming that the Sims 2 game won't run on this card
    > and that I've got to get a new one. I don't know if its relevant (apart from
    > to me) but I live in the UK. Help!
    > --
    > chip

    D'oh. Thought so. Thanks Jimmy S

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Chip,
    >
    > Your assumption is correct.
    >
    > That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
    > not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.
    >
    > For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >
    > "chip" <chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CF773C6-397D-41C6-9576-4400559C2C1B@microsoft.com...
    > > I'm not very technically minded, and I can't get my daughter's newly
    > > purchased Sims2 running on Windows ME. The error message I get is something
    > > like "Failed to find DirectX9.0c compatible graphics adapter. Apparently
    > > I've got a ProSavage KM133 graphics card. Having looked around this site a
    > > bit, would I be safe in assuming that the Sims 2 game won't run on this card
    > > and that I've got to get a new one. I don't know if its relevant (apart from
    > > to me) but I live in the UK. Help!
    > > --
    > > chip

Sims Graphics Cards Games Video Games