Sims2

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 6, 2005 2:23:07 PM

I'm not very technically minded, and I can't get my daughter's newly
purchased Sims2 running on Windows ME. The error message I get is something
like "Failed to find DirectX9.0c compatible graphics adapter. Apparently
I've got a ProSavage KM133 graphics card. Having looked around this site a
bit, would I be safe in assuming that the Sims 2 game won't run on this card
and that I've got to get a new one. I don't know if its relevant (apart from
to me) but I live in the UK. Help!
--
chip

More about : sims2

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2005 5:33:32 PM

Hi Chip,

Your assumption is correct.

That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.

For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"chip" <chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CF773C6-397D-41C6-9576-4400559C2C1B@microsoft.com...
> I'm not very technically minded, and I can't get my daughter's newly
> purchased Sims2 running on Windows ME. The error message I get is something
> like "Failed to find DirectX9.0c compatible graphics adapter. Apparently
> I've got a ProSavage KM133 graphics card. Having looked around this site a
> bit, would I be safe in assuming that the Sims 2 game won't run on this card
> and that I've got to get a new one. I don't know if its relevant (apart from
> to me) but I live in the UK. Help!
> --
> chip
March 6, 2005 5:33:33 PM