Wireless Media Player, is there one that does it all!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetjunkie

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
Hi - I've been reading lots of great reviews about wireless media players but each seem to have one restriction or other that doesn't quite fit the bill. I'd ideally like to use it with a Gigabit Linkstation NAS

I think the closest to what I'd like is a Sonos system but the price is still a bit much just yet. There's some alternatives I found but I think I may find some issues annoying, so anyone with experience of them I'd love to know what you think & if there's any alternative players I've missed:

Squeezebox3 - Quite like this one too, but would ideally like to not have to have the PC running all the time. I know it will run on a NAS but I'm not that comfortable hacking around with the Linkstation. Also I've heard navigating large libraries is a bit of a chore.

Soundbridge - Dont know lots about this one, but again it seems navigation would be an issue with its small display?

Buffalo Linktheatre - I know its a bit of a different product but it seems to be ok for streaming audio & has a good price, & the video features may be useful. Can it be used WITHOUT the TV on though ?

Ideallly I'd like something with a good interface for browsing music, like the Sonos controller, but without necessarily having to have the TV or the PC on - any suggestions !?

pana_tech

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2007
Wireless media players usual function is to received media streamed from a pc or any other compatible devices, using your wireless network as connection. I don't know of any media players that will allow you to play music without any other additional devices attached to it (stereo system, tv, etc..). Check this site for FAQs about wireless media players. http://www.wirelessmediareviews.info

Status
Not open for further replies.