Temp Folder Files

June 24, 2005 3:39:11 PM

Hello!

In the Local Settings Folder there is a folder with Temporary Internet Files
and Temp Files..I understand the Temporary Internet Files and know what to
do with them..My question is do I need to keep the temp files..Thank
you...Nick Meale

More about : temp folder files

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 3:39:12 PM

Hi, Nicholas,

If you have doubt about deleting files,
Go to the control panel and double click Internet Options.

Click the buttons there to do it for you.

Cookies, Files and History.

Good Luck,
Jerry

"NICHOLAS MEALE" <nmeale28@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> In the Local Settings Folder there is a folder with Temporary Internet
> Files
> and Temp Files..I understand the Temporary Internet Files and know what to
> do with them..My question is do I need to keep the temp files..Thank
> you...Nick Meale

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 9:13:19 PM

Hi

The files in the Temp folder can be deleted. Reboot your system first in
case any of the files are in use, then you can delete them.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"NICHOLAS MEALE" <nmeale28@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> In the Local Settings Folder there is a folder with Temporary Internet
> Files
> and Temp Files..I understand the Temporary Internet Files and know what to
> do with them..My question is do I need to keep the temp files..Thank
> you...Nick Meale
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 1:35:35 AM

Hi,

The \Temp folder is used for exactly what its name implies. Files in here
can generally be deleted, best done after a reboot as a program installer
may place files here for use to complete the installation upon a restart.
You may also find that some active programs place files in here during
normal operation and cannot be deleted (they will be "in use").

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone