VGA slot apart of Motherboard won't work

jam wan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2012
Heya,

My PC has a blue VGA (coming from motherboard). The monitor has a matching blue VGA cable, yet I get absolutely no signal what-so-ever when I hook it in and boot it up.

I could use another slot, perhaps from the GPU or the white DVI below, but I need the VGA blue slot 'enabled' so I can spare an adapter necessary for my second PC.

My monitor is set on Analogue apparently, if that helps.

I'm really hoping this is just settings and not a faulty motherboard issue. I don't see why it's not detecting it. D:

Thank you,

Solution
The blue socket is your onboard GPU outlet. The onboard GPU needs to be selected in your BIOS. Tell us what PC you have if you need help to do this. BIOS settings may be listed under 'Peripherals', 'Onboard Devices' etc. Look for Advanced Settings or similar. You may see the options in order of preference like 'PCIe/iGPU' etc. Change the order to make the onboard GPU 1st.
The blue socket is your onboard GPU outlet. The onboard GPU needs to be selected in your BIOS. Tell us what PC you have if you need help to do this. BIOS settings may be listed under 'Peripherals', 'Onboard Devices' etc. Look for Advanced Settings or similar. You may see the options in order of preference like 'PCIe/iGPU' etc. Change the order to make the onboard GPU 1st.

Solution