keep getting an error msg while playing online game

Last response: in Video Games
March 8, 2005 2:13:03 AM

can someone help me? i keep on having an errror msg. programe ned to close.
game exe. when ever i play the online game. i try to reinstall the game still
keep having it. i use the other comp without sp2, and it dosent have any
problem. it also come to an exten that restart my comp.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:36:03 AM

Hi finamax,

"finamax" <finamax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:375319A1-1AEB-4731-A3BF-662853814E22@microsoft.com...
> can someone help me? i keep on having an errror msg. programe ned to close.
> game exe. when ever i play the online game. i try to reinstall the game still
> keep having it. i use the other comp without sp2, and it dosent have any
> problem. it also come to an exten that restart my comp.

Your system is most likely restarting as a result of a STOP error.

To stop this behavior go to Control Panel / System / Advanced /
Click the Startup and Recovery Settings button / Uncheck the box
labelled "Automatically restart" under the System Failure section.

To analyze the error, try the steps in: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

If the error indicates a file name that begins with ati, or nv (nVidia)
the most likely solution would be to install the latest drivers using
the instructions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User