World DipCon Results Posted (at least general scores)

You may find the scores at www.wdcindc.org, Andy Marshall will
get all the individual game scores up later. SO you can't yet
see how our very own Tim Miller amassed one point, you can just
see that he did. Tim, Tim, Tim, we have to get you to play FTF better!!!

My congratulations to World DipCon Champion Frank Johansen, who
has perfected a particular style of making the big game winning
stab to tournament victories. A hint, when he really is sweating
and having trouble writing all his units down, he's stabbing you....
;-)

Jim-Bob

Jim Burgess wrote:
> You may find the scores at www.wdcindc.org, Andy Marshall will
> get all the individual game scores up later. SO you can't yet
> see how our very own Tim Miller amassed one point, you can just
> see that he did. Tim, Tim, Tim, we have to get you to play FTF
> better!!!

In Tim's defense, the difference between a middle-of-the-road
result, like I got, and getting your hat handed to you as they kick
your butt out the door, like Tim, is much more whom you know,
than how well you play.

Eric.

Who won the bid for WDC 2007?

Regards
Peter

"Jim Burgess" <burgess@TheWorld.com> wrote in message
> You may find the scores at www.wdcindc.org, Andy Marshall will
> get all the individual game scores up later. SO you can't yet
> see how our very own Tim Miller amassed one point, you can just
> see that he did. Tim, Tim, Tim, we have to get you to play FTF better!!!
>
> My congratulations to World DipCon Champion Frank Johansen, who
> has perfected a particular style of making the big game winning
> stab to tournament victories. A hint, when he really is sweating
> and having trouble writing all his units down, he's stabbing you....
> ;-)
>
> Jim-Bob

Vancouver (they were the only ones that bid for it)

Eric Hunter wrote:

> Jim Burgess wrote:

>> You may find the scores at www.wdcindc.org, Andy Marshall will
>> get all the individual game scores up later. SO you can't yet
>> see how our very own Tim Miller amassed one point, you can just
>> see that he did. Tim, Tim, Tim, we have to get you to play FTF
>> better!!!

> In Tim's defense, the difference between a middle-of-the-road
> result, like I got, and getting your hat handed to you as they kick
> your butt out the door, like Tim, is much more whom you know,
> than how well you play.

I disagree. I knew a number of the players there (and they knew me),
but that didn't stop me from playing a France that saw a German army
in Marseilles in 1901 and an English fleet in Portugal in 1902.

I am surprised that anybody managed to score 1 or 2, given that the
only way to do it was to survive in a drawn game but not be part of
the draw, and this tournament was notorious for games being played out
until all of the non-draw powers were eliminated (as each SC belonging
to someone not in the draw reduced the scores of the players in the
draw).

-- Don

This was particularly done in games ending in 3-way draws, but not quite so
much in 2- or 4-way draws.