wireless laptop

i have recently used a wireless router to hook into my cable modem, i have
the pc linked through ethernet and internet is fine, on my laptop i can
connect to the wireless network fine but when i try to use the internet it
wont work.

maybe you have to check the security settings and the channel, etc of
your wireless router and use the same settings for your laptop... Just
type in your browser the router ip and see for yourself what are the
settings!

Malke

netloss wrote:

> i have recently used a wireless router to hook into my cable modem, i
> have the pc linked through ethernet and internet is fine, on my laptop
> i can connect to the wireless network fine but when i try to use the
> internet it wont work.

Here are some links to help you:

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

Wireless Information
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/techinfo/overview/wififaq.mspx

Wireless - Basic Configuration -

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Check the IP address.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

netloss wrote:

> i have recently used a wireless router to hook into my cable modem, i have
> the pc linked through ethernet and internet is fine, on my laptop i can
> connect to the wireless network fine but when i try to use the internet it
> wont work.

Yes that happened on my hp desktop. you dont have to di this but i upgraded
to xp pro from home and it worked fine. Repairs of network connections wont
work. You have to reboot.
All the best.