LONG cycle online dip games?

I used to play a snail mail standard dip game that was 1 month per
move.

I want to play dip again, and like the idea of 2-4 weeks per move - but
the longest turn cycle I seem to be able to find is 72 hours.

Where can I go to find an email or online dip game I can join with 2-4
weeks per move? Also, being able to contact each other by phone would
also be good - I plan to do a lot of diplomacy by phone.

Thanks.

-Sindyr
7 answers Last reply
More about long cycle online games
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    benn@4efix.com writes:

    >I used to play a snail mail standard dip game that was 1 month per
    >move.

    >I want to play dip again, and like the idea of 2-4 weeks per move - but
    >the longest turn cycle I seem to be able to find is 72 hours.

    >Where can I go to find an email or online dip game I can join with 2-4
    >weeks per move? Also, being able to contact each other by phone would
    >also be good - I plan to do a lot of diplomacy by phone.

    >Thanks.

    >-Sindyr

    Hi Sindyr,

    What you really want to do is to play in what is left of the postal
    Diplomacy hobby (most people there use E-Mail and phone just as you
    describe). My szine, the Abyssinian Prince, uses three week
    deadlines, but there are others out there in the UK and North
    America as well. Personally, I'm not sure why this mode is not
    a little bit more popular given people's busy schedules (I
    prefer it), but it isn't. You can find the web page to my
    szine at:

    http://devel.diplom.org/DipPouch/Postal/Zines/TAP/

    At an intermediate step, there are a lot of non-Judge human
    adjudicated parts of the hobby with standard 1 week deadlines,
    these include the DipWorld (a yahoo group) and Cat23/WorldMasters
    people (although I'm not sure if they have a regular home page
    other than for the WorldMasters tournament at the moment).

    In terms of volume, the largest number of games are those
    with the shortest deadlines and the smallest number of games
    are those with the longest... in a worldwide sense.

    That seems to be the trend. But you can find what you want
    if you look.

    Jim-Bob
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    I went to that website, and did not see a place to sign up for a
    standard 3 week cycle dip game? Also the icons at the top did not
    function.

    Still looking for more long cycle standard dip games

    -Sindyr
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    benn@4efix.com wrote:
    > I went to that website, and did not see a place to sign up for a
    > standard 3 week cycle dip game? Also the icons at the top did not
    > function.
    >
    > Still looking for more long cycle standard dip games
    >
    > -Sindyr

    Hi,
    New game starting , phase length 7 days ;) Nice and slow. Need more players
    Come check us out. http://stumegan.net/Diplomacy
    Stu
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Thanks for the invite, I may indeed join.

    However, would really like to find one with a 4 week cycle - or at
    least 2 weeks, so that if I had a rough week I could worry about it the
    following week.

    Pretty hectic life.

    Thanks. :)

    -Sindyr
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Stu wrote:
    > benn@4efix.com wrote:
    >
    >> I went to that website, and did not see a place to sign up for a
    >> standard 3 week cycle dip game? Also the icons at the top did not
    >> function.
    >>
    >> Still looking for more long cycle standard dip games
    >>
    >> -Sindyr
    >>

    > Hi,
    > New game starting , phase length 7 days ;) Nice and slow. Need more players
    > Come check us out. http://stumegan.net/Diplomacy
    > Stu
    Hi all, ( groan...him again! ;),

    I need at least 2 more players for a new game OperationEurope. Its a
    phpDiplomacy based installation at http://stumegan.net/Diplomacy which
    is a new games/science/politics site of mine. So if you want to help me
    get the site going ;), come sign up for the game. Mulit million dollar
    prizes will of course be awarded ;)

    Stu
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Stu
    Hi all
    I had to reinstall today due to some changes, so anyone who had
    registered for the epic ;) OperationEurope 7 day phase cycle game, will
    need to reregister. Apologies and thanks,

    http://stumegan.net/Diplomacy

    Stu
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 at 20:11 GMT, benn@4efix.com <benn@4efix.com> wrote:

    > I want to play dip again, and like the idea of 2-4 weeks per move - but
    > the longest turn cycle I seem to be able to find is 72 hours.

    i run a game with 2 weeks per move using jdip. we're in the middle of a
    game currently, but will probably be looking for players for next game.

    --
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
    telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org

Phones Games Video Games