Sign in with
Your question

rolling back xp sp3 on a laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 20, 2008 9:07:44 AM

Hi

I have never owned a laptop in my life until now. I have purchased second hand. It had windows xp sp2 and was upgraded to sp3 by the ex owner. I advised that I wanted sp2 so he rolled this back.
I have now recieved the laptop and when I go to type my log in passcode the keys dont work and i have to keep on powering down until the keys work. once i have logged in am fine. also when i go to close my session the laptop just freezes on the shutting down screen and i end up having to power down unsing the off button. could this fault be related to the rolling back of sp3. or do you think this is just a dodge laptop. i have a suspision this is the sp3 as the keyboard works fine when am in my windows session.
help anyone.

ps the laptop is a HP nc6320. 1 gig ram and is a 1.8 duo processor
[#00e21c]
October 20, 2008 2:38:11 PM

Well, nothing short of a format / reinstall could tel for sure. I'm not a big fan of uncerimoniously upgrading and downgrading SP (I usually end up slip streaming and starting over)

Anyway, have you been able to reproduce this issue with an alternate OS, such as from a Live CD? (SLAX, Knoppix, Bart PE, ect)
October 21, 2008 11:37:09 PM

Reformat.
!