Another 'comments' type game forming

Eric Hunter and I have been putting together a new comments style game
featuring some of the best Judge e-mail players currently active. For
those who don't remember the first comments game, this was a high level
game during which all the press was copied automatically to a Yahoo!
groups list so that people could kibbitz and comment on the action while
the game was ongoing.

The group in question this time is gutsy3observers on yahoogroups. The
game itself is 'gutsy3', and it will be getting under way in 2-3 weeks.
The players will be:

Eric Hunter
Glenn Ledder
Allen Schweinsberg
Tamas Hauer
David Dye
Karlis Povisils
Roger Yonkoski

You can subscrube to the gutsy3observers group by sending "subscribe" to
gutsy3observers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or by going through the
yahoogroups Web interface. Currently, all subscriptions must be approved
by me,just so I can keep an eye on things. All of the private press,
broadcasts, and game announcements (late notices, results, etc) will be
sent to this list, so you do *not* need to signon as an observer to the
gutsy3 game.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail yours truly. Should be an
interesting experience and a great opportunity to watch some really good
players in action.

-Tim Miller

--
tmiller@sdf.lonestar.org

Tim Miller wrote:
> Eric Hunter and I have been putting together a new
> comments style game featuring some of the best Judge
> e-mail players currently active.

And five of the Top-40 on the All-Time list.

> For those who don't remember the first comments game,
> this was a high level game during which all the press was
> copied automatically to a Yahoo! groups list so that people
> could kibbitz and comment on the action while the game
> was ongoing.

'comments' was actually an open game, with a couple of
inexperienced players in it, but it was interesting to watch
and play in, nonetheless.

> The group in question this time is gutsy3observers on
> yahoogroups. The game itself is 'gutsy3', and it will be
> getting under way in 2-3 weeks. The players will be:
>
> Eric Hunter
> Glenn Ledder
> Allen Schweinsberg
> Tamas Hauer
> David Dye
> Karlis Povisils
> Roger Yonkoski

Boy, am I going to get my butt kicked! (I wonder if I
can get Rod Spade to take my place? ;-) )

> You can subscribe to the gutsy3observers group by sending "subscribe"
> to gutsy3observers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or by going through the
> yahoogroups Web interface.

And you should! It will be a unique game, in a lot of
ways, since we've all played at least two of the others,
(I've played everyone at least twice, except for Glenn
who showed me how the pros play in 'over1201'), and
we have developed friendships over the years, and
these guys really do deserve their rankings.

Eric.