Dell Printer

masi

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Hi, very new here so be gentle!!
I have a Dell A920 and had been using compatible cartridges when the colour and black inks stopped working. Have now bought some official Dell cartridges and the black is fine but the colour is still not working at all.
Have tried all the usual cleaning and maintenence but no luck yet.
Any ideas??
Thanks

Osage

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
To masi,

Its sounds like the color cartridge you bought is defective---which happens sometimes with even OEM cartridges.---but you could have some dried ink
where the cartridge snaps into the printer---shorting out the contacts for the printhead.---but if you blot a paper towel lightly against the printhead on the cartridge---you can see if ink is there to transfer.

Call Dell tech support for exchange instructions--or further troubleshooting steps.

But long term, you might consider getting another printer because Dells--which are made by Lexmark----are the worse rip off brand of ink jet printers.---I am a reformed Lexmark user.

I now use unchipped Canons---hard to get now---but still possible with creative shopping---and I refill my own---ink consumable costs are now non-factors.

But for good advice---visit the "nifty stuff forums"--just google name without the quotes.