scar

Can anybody explain what the heck is " Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
" , and why do I need it to install/run
Acid Pro 5.0 ?

Thanks
Chuck
WinXPproSp2

In news:d4adnc69nb9GOCHfRVn-iA@rogers.com,
Scar <NoBody@home> typed:

> Can anybody explain what the heck is " Microsoft .NET
> Framework
> Version 1.1 " ,

It's a piece of software required for running programs developed
using .NET Framework 1.1.

> and why do I need it to install/run
> Acid Pro 5.0 ?

See above.

Please reply to the newsgroup

scar

Thanks , I installed that "thing" and Acid Pro 5.0 works now.
I guess it is just another window to be spy thru.

Chuck

frodo

Presumably, acid pro requires it. If so it should have come w/ it and
installed it for you (assuming a CD). If it was a download, they should
have warned you that you needed .NET before you downloaded it. .NET is a
large download. It's best to get the whole .Net Installer (rather than
use Windows Update to get it), reboot, create a restore point and turn off
any anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall things before running the installer -
it's finicky.

..NET is a "framework", a foundation upon which other applications are
built. It's MS's new baby (a toddler now really), and it will be required
by more and more things as time goes by. It has NOT met up to its
expectations tho.

It's sorta like JAVA, but different (ie, bigger, bloated, less secure, etc
etc etc). Not that there's anything wrong with that...

The rumors of its death are...just hopeful. Maybe w/ the next regime
change...

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Scar wrote:

> Can anybody explain what the heck is " Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
> " , and why do I need it to install/run
> Acid Pro 5.0 ?
>
> Thanks
> Chuck