Halo & Direct X

I'm using a SiS 315 (128bit) card with the SiS315_315e driver installed
and DirectX version 9.0c. I get a message saying that it is below the
hardware specs. I'm not sure if this card supports hardware T&L, but
apparently it can be made to work with an "Older" driver. I tried an
older driver from sis.com, which was actually listed as the latest
driver, but it screwed up my PC. Thank god the advanced startup menue
in WinXP has a Last good config option. Anyway, I heard a rumer that an
older driver will make Halo work with this card. Anybody know which
one?

Here is a link to the rumer:
http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/stuarts/MyBlog_Comments.aspx?ID=19511

If it is a hardware issue, and I need to upgrade my video card, does
anybody have any sugestions?

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: AMD Duron(tm) processor, ~1.0GHz
Memory: 640MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: SiS 315_315E
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Driver Name: SiSGRV.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3540 (English)

DO NOT REPLY TO RTPB123@HOTMAIL.COM. IT IS NOT MY REAL EMAIL. IT IS
BEST TO REPLY TO THE GROUP ANYWAY.

[adult swim]

Thanx
»Tony

>Chris Apr 6 2004, 2:26 pm show options
>I have this same problem, and my video card is a 32mb SiS
>650_740. Is this just a video card that isn't
>supported? I think it should be since I can run Age of
>Mythology and The Titans. What do I do
>---
Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.c­om

;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

message news:17de201c41a29$4f21c110$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>| When I play Halo, on PC, this comes up.
>| A Problem accurred initializing direct 3D. Hardware
>| acceleration may be disabled. Please run DXDIAG.
>| I have run DX DIAG but it says direct 3D's acceleration
>| IS enabled. Please help me!

>.

Hi,

Anything on this list including and above the Geforce 4 Ti4200 will do:
http://www.pcvsconsole.com/features/video/ (I use the Ti4200 and
although it's the lowest card above a Geforce 3, it is actually very good
with Halo. The framerates aren't spectacular, but they are decent! :)

--

<rtpb123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1110392697.048080.313760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
I'm using a SiS 315 (128bit) card with the SiS315_315e driver installed
and DirectX version 9.0c. I get a message saying that it is below the
hardware specs. I'm not sure if this card supports hardware T&L, but
apparently it can be made to work with an "Older" driver. I tried an
older driver from sis.com, which was actually listed as the latest
driver, but it screwed up my PC. Thank god the advanced startup menue
in WinXP has a Last good config option. Anyway, I heard a rumer that an
older driver will make Halo work with this card. Anybody know which
one?

Here is a link to the rumer:
http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/stuarts/MyBlog_Comments.aspx?ID=19511

If it is a hardware issue, and I need to upgrade my video card, does
anybody have any sugestions?

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: AMD Duron(tm) processor, ~1.0GHz
Memory: 640MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: SiS 315_315E
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Driver Name: SiSGRV.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3540 (English)

DO NOT REPLY TO RTPB123@HOTMAIL.COM. IT IS NOT MY REAL EMAIL. IT IS
BEST TO REPLY TO THE GROUP ANYWAY.

[adult swim]

Thanx
»Tony

>Chris Apr 6 2004, 2:26 pm show options
>I have this same problem, and my video card is a 32mb SiS
>650_740. Is this just a video card that isn't
>supported? I think it should be since I can run Age of
>Mythology and The Titans. What do I do
>---
Shell / User