Xbox Live & Roadrunner

Last response: in Networking
July 1, 2004 12:04:47 AM

I currently have internet with the Time-Warner Cable
Company, and I'm trying to figure out how to hook up my
Xbox to the internet.

What I have from wall - computer is this:
Wall panel - cord - cable spliter - coaxial cable (I think)
- cable modem - network cable (all installed by TW)

then that network cable plugs into the "uplink" port of my
linksys 4-port hub, and in the next port over I have
another network cable which runs back to my computer.

So, I figure, I just take that final network cable and plug
it into the back of my Xbox, right? I dunno... it couldn't
find a network connection at that point (although,
obviously I'm on the internet).

Do I need a "special" kind of cable to go from the network
connection to the Xbox? Or do you think it's something
that my cable/internet company needs to enable?

Thanks so much for your time!

~JOSh-X

More about : xbox live roadrunner

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 12:18:28 AM

Perhaps the information here will help you:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Connect/default.htm You need to set up the
Xbox Dashboard for the connection.
--
Chris H.