Xbox Live & Roadrunner

I currently have internet with the Time-Warner Cable
Company, and I'm trying to figure out how to hook up my
Xbox to the internet.

What I have from wall - computer is this:
Wall panel - cord - cable spliter - coaxial cable (I think)
- cable modem - network cable (all installed by TW)

then that network cable plugs into the "uplink" port of my
linksys 4-port hub, and in the next port over I have
another network cable which runs back to my computer.

So, I figure, I just take that final network cable and plug
it into the back of my Xbox, right? I dunno... it couldn't
find a network connection at that point (although,
obviously I'm on the internet).

Do I need a "special" kind of cable to go from the network
connection to the Xbox? Or do you think it's something
that my cable/internet company needs to enable?

Thanks so much for your time!

~JOSh-X
1 answer Last reply
More about xbox live roadrunner

    Perhaps the information here will help you:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Connect/default.htm You need to set up the
    Xbox Dashboard for the connection.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "~JOSh-X" <lightmanx5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I currently have internet with the Time-Warner Cable
    > Company, and I'm trying to figure out how to hook up my
    > Xbox to the internet.
    >
    > What I have from wall - computer is this:
    > Wall panel - cord - cable spliter - coaxial cable (I think)
    > - cable modem - network cable (all installed by TW)
    >
    > then that network cable plugs into the "uplink" port of my
    > linksys 4-port hub, and in the next port over I have
    > another network cable which runs back to my computer.
    >
    > So, I figure, I just take that final network cable and plug
    > it into the back of my Xbox, right? I dunno... it couldn't
    > find a network connection at that point (although,
    > obviously I'm on the internet).
    >
    > Do I need a "special" kind of cable to go from the network
    > connection to the Xbox? Or do you think it's something
    > that my cable/internet company needs to enable?
    >
    > Thanks so much for your time!
    >
    > ~JOSh-X

Routers Xbox Live Cable Internet Networking