Image Persistance

merid

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Ok the LCD monitor i have now does image persistance real bad. I'm now looking for a new lcd that doesnt do image persistance at all or very little. please help

merid

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
no its like image burnin but its called image persistance. its like when i have a browser open for a while then i close it i can still see the browser (kind of) and it lasts forever.

hmm that doesn't sound right. it might be a faulty LCD.

then again when playing movies with interlacing i got the same kind of thing with images staying on screen. only happened in movies though.

what monitor was it. if you need a new one my opinion is try and find one in a local store to see it in real life before buying.

travbomb

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006

I think that sums it up quite well.

Try buying a reputable brand and not some knock off hack.

Pretty much any LCD is succeptable to Image persistance but it should take days and days off running the lcd 24/7 for it to happen and it is reversable on most units.

ah right, its a brand. sorry i don't know if we have it over here and by the sounds of it it is a cheap one too. i have never seen nor heard of a good cheap LCD. IMO you get what you pay for with LCD's.

merid

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
well not everyone can afford a dell 2405fpw, sure it would be nice but when your in college when do you have money like that?

merid

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
ok another quesiton for you, should i get the 2407fwp or the Samsung SyncMaster 215TW. (because it will be one of the two when i do get the money, i might just sell my legs, who needs them when gaming anyway?)

IMO i would get the 24" display rather than the 21" although that monitor does look good. i have heard that early revisions of the dell had a few problems but then again they use samsung panels so wether or not it has been solved i don't know.

i would wait till nearer the time before deciding expecially with newer models coming out.

TRENDING THREADS