Windows 7 Freezes after rebuild

losthymns

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I am running a raid 0 (same as my old system) and it will not install updates. It is also freezing when i go to do anything. Please help. Dont know what to do anymore with it. Its got a new motherboard and a processor.

Did you reinstall the OS after you changed your motherboard? If not, this is the most likely cause. Windows still has drivers for your old motherboard which are not compatible with the new board. When changing motherboards a clean install is always recommended.

losthymns

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Yes i reinstalled the OS after I wiped the HD. Any way I grabbed the wrong drivers? Would it work with the wrong ones or should i reinstall the drivers? Not sure still what i need to get done on this guy.

After installing windows you need to install all the chipset drivers and device drivers as well as windows updates.

Yes, you need the correct drivers. If you downloaded the wrong ones, get rid of them. Check your device manager for devices with yellow exclamation points next to them. These are devices that don't yet have drivers installed for them or drivers that aren't working.