Truncated NewsGroup Names on Outlook Subscription List

Only the first few characters of the newsgroup names appear in the
Outlook Express "Newsgroup Subscriptions" list. How can I make enough
of the group name appear so that I can tell what groups Outlook is
trying to show me?

I do not see any preview pane in the subscription list box. Hovering
the cursor over the truncated group name produces no effect for me.

Drag the separator between the Preview Pane and the folder list to the
right. Or, if you put the cursor over the newsgroup name, it should show it
in its entirety in a yellow box for a few seconds. If it doesn't, you have
other problems I have not seen before.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

<xlurker@lycos.com> wrote in message
> the cursor over the truncated group name produces no effect for me.

If you mean the Subscribed tab in the Newsgroup Subscriptions window: Place your cursor
on the vertical line that separates the Newsgroup and Subscription fields. Your cursor
will become a cross. With the Left mouse button depressed drag that vertical line to the
right, towards the word Subscription. That will widen the Newsgroup field, allowing you
see the full names of the groups in the list.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

<xlurker@lycos.com> wrote in message
> I do not see any preview pane in the subscription list box. Hovering
> the cursor over the truncated group name produces no effect for me.

You can increase the window size by dragging, then drag the vertical line.
--
Ron Sommer

"t.cruise" <t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Your cursor
> will become a cross. With the Left mouse button depressed drag that
> vertical line to the
> right, towards the word Subscription. That will widen the Newsgroup
> field, allowing you
> see the full names of the groups in the list.
> --
>
> T.C.
> t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
> Remove [NoSpam] to reply
>

> <xlurker@lycos.com> wrote in message
>> I do not see any preview pane in the subscription list box. Hovering
>> the cursor over the truncated group name produces no effect for me.

This works for most Windows programs.

Double click a header divider to open a column to the width needed to view
the longest entry.

You have to drag it back to get it to be narrow again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23KIRayWeFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Ron Sommer <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> hunted and pecked:

On 24 Jun 2005 21:02:44 -0700, xlurker@lycos.com wrote:

>Only the first few characters of the newsgroup names appear in the
>Outlook Express "Newsgroup Subscriptions" list. How can I make enough
>of the group name appear so that I can tell what groups Outlook is
>trying to show me?

You could start by asking in a proper newsgroup. This one is for
WinXP, the OS. I don't see the words "Outlook Express" or the
initials OE in the title, but I do see them in many other groups.

Then you could correctly identify your program. OE and Outlook are
NOT the same thing, yet you mix up the names with fluency.
Terminology is important if you want accurate help.

Remember, if you are asking about reading USENET you are NOT using
Outlook as it offers no capacity to do this.