XP running mighty slow...

Mike

Splendid

I've inherited a small office network of about 5 PCs in a branch office. The
DC is in another location & log ons weem to take quite a while. Another
thing I've noticed is that over the course of the day, the PCs will become
slower & slower, often taking several minutes to open My Computer or the
Printers & Faxes box. Task Mgr doesn't show anything out of the ordinary &
if I re-boot (by this time, it usually has to be done with the power
button!), everything is fine at first, but then proceeds to decline.
Any suggestions?

"Mike" <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've inherited a small office network of about 5 PCs in a branch office.
The
> DC is in another location & log ons weem to take quite a while. Another
> thing I've noticed is that over the course of the day, the PCs will become
> slower & slower, often taking several minutes to open My Computer or the
> Printers & Faxes box. Task Mgr doesn't show anything out of the ordinary &
> if I re-boot (by this time, it usually has to be done with the power
> button!), everything is fine at first, but then proceeds to decline.
> Any suggestions?

I assume you have tried running adware detection tools?

When it's slow reboot and check the speed of the network.

"Mike" <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've inherited a small office network of about 5 PCs in a branch office.
> The DC is in another location & log ons weem to take quite a while.
> Another thing I've noticed is that over the course of the day, the PCs
> will become slower & slower, often taking several minutes to open My
> Computer or the Printers & Faxes box. Task Mgr doesn't show anything out
> of the ordinary & if I re-boot (by this time, it usually has to be done
> with the power button!), everything is fine at first, but then proceeds to
> decline.
> Any suggestions?

Mike,

This site may be helpful to you.