Sony Reciever STR-DE845 Won't Turn Off / No Remote Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

tb28w3

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Hey - I just got a Sony STR-DE845 and the first night it was hooked up, the remote worked fine and it would turn off... Now, on the second night it was hooked up, when I press the power button, it clicks and then turns on to the Video 1 setting. Also, the remote (RM-LP204) does not activate the device at all. I am having a hard time reprogramming it since nothing I do seems to send a signal to the reciever. The remote looks fine and I can scroll through the menus on the remote control itself..... The batteries are new, and I've tried to unplug the reciever and leave it off for a while, but no luck. The sound works great, surround is kickin' and everything else seems to work fine. (Infinity center channel, Infinity 10" powered sub, ADS matching front and rears) I don't know much about HT systems, and the reciever is a hand me down that my brother in law used for a few months, and then set in his closet. All the speakers are new and it's only been hooked up since Sat night. I would appreciate the help!!!!!

G

I have the same exact issue with the same receiver and same remote. It worked, and now, nothing, have tried everything.
I'm hoping tb28w3 can help and maybe got a good result??
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.