gerry

Sorry, folks, this time the posting went thru.
gerry
--
Gerry

"Gerry" wrote:

> I am able to reply but unable to start a new thread. What am I doing wrong?
> Gerry

Gerry;
You just started a new thread.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Gerry" <seniors@dizzyworld> wrote in message
>I am able to reply but unable to start a new thread. What am I doing wrong?
> Gerry

Malke

Gerry wrote:

> Sorry, folks, this time the posting went thru.
> gerry

That's OK, Gerry. However, you are making accessing this newsgroup
harder for yourself than it should be because you are using the web
interface, which is awful. You should learn to use a newsreader. There
are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use Outlook Express
since you already have it. Here are some links to information about
newsgroups:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

gerry

Thanks very much, Malke, for the exhaustive information, which I surely
need.
Gerry