Posting a question

I am able to reply but unable to start a new thread. What am I doing wrong?
Gerry
4 answers Last reply
More about posting question

    Sorry, folks, this time the posting went thru.
    gerry
    --
    Gerry

    "Gerry" wrote:

    > I am able to reply but unable to start a new thread. What am I doing wrong?
    > Gerry

    Gerry;
    You just started a new thread.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Gerry wrote:

    > Sorry, folks, this time the posting went thru.
    > gerry

    That's OK, Gerry. However, you are making accessing this newsgroup
    harder for yourself than it should be because you are using the web
    interface, which is awful. You should learn to use a newsreader. There
    are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use Outlook Express
    since you already have it. Here are some links to information about
    newsgroups:

    http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
    explanation of newsgroups
    http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
    - Set Up Newsreader

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
    working properly
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
    http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
    crossposting

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Thanks very much, Malke, for the exhaustive information, which I surely
    need.
    Gerry

    > Gerry wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, folks, this time the posting went thru.
    >> gerry
    >
    > That's OK, Gerry. However, you are making accessing this newsgroup
    > harder for yourself than it should be because you are using the web
    > interface, which is awful. You should learn to use a newsreader. There
    > are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use Outlook Express
    > since you already have it. Here are some links to information about
    > newsgroups:
    >
    > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
    > explanation of newsgroups
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    > http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
    > - Set Up Newsreader
    >
    > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups
    > microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
    > working properly
    > http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
    > http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
    > crossposting