Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Laptop HDD replacement no image/backup

Last response: in Windows 7
August 23, 2012 8:35:38 PM

Hello all, first off let me say I am not 100% sure where to post this in the first place but I thought here is at least a start.

My wife rendered her laptop without a working screen a little while ago which I replaced. But her HDD now will not boot or even read on a all in one HDD reading device. So i cannot access the info on it. I was dumb and did NOT make a image/backup of the drive. Warranty is out. I have a brand new HDD (same make and model) but do NOT have a legal copy of Windows 7 (business I think was on it).

I am somewhat at a loss as what to do.

My buddy suggested 'getting' a copy of Windows 7 and the using a CD key changer to make it match the one on the back of the laptop but I was hoping there was something to do more on the legal side of things and still not pay any more money. It is not a very expensive laptop and I have already almost doubled its cost replacing this stuff.

Thank you very much for your time and have a nice day!
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2012 9:01:49 PM

Yes you can.

I put the site here down load the version you have and using the key to install the OS. It is legal and free, because you already pay for the laptop +OS.

Score
August 23, 2012 10:06:07 PM

Thank you very much I will try that ASAP and let everyone know how it worked out.

Cheers
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2012 10:21:03 PM

cin19 said:
Yes you can.

I put the site here down load the version you have and using the key to install the OS. It is legal and free, because you already pay for the laptop +OS.

http://www.overclock.net/t/753304/windows-7-download-li...

Hi :) 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We are NOT allowed to help with evading buying a LEGAL Operating system, its against Toms rules.....:( 

All the best Brett :) 
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2012 10:50:02 PM

Sorry Brett, I will not do it again.
Score
a b D Laptop
a c 395 $ Windows 7
August 23, 2012 11:06:06 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a b D Laptop