Far Cry water graffics problem

This has me well stumped. I have a brand new p4 3.8 running xp media centre
and a geforce 6800 ultra pci graffics card. When i try to play the Far Cry
demo the textures are rubbish and there are no water effects. This also
happens with a separate Far Cry demo and also the water effects in the Crytek
'Project' tech demo. All the graffics in other games are fine and i have the
latest card drivers and direct x 9c.
Can anyone help?
Thanx.

Hi Defector,

Since the problem is only with Far Cry, hopefully their update helps:
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/patches/farcrypatchv13.shtml

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms