mn520 wireless adapter - noise questions.............

I just bought a mn520 wireless adapter and it worked for
three days then it started chatering very quickly and
would not make contact with an access point. After working
with a nicrosoft technical fellow in Bombay we were able
to find out that the ID had changed and the adapter could
not find the access point. changes were made and it now
works but the communication chatter still goes on. The
green wireless light flashed alonmg with the chatter and
it can be qite annoying. So, my question is, is the
adapter noise common or may there be a problem?

msavery
stjmss6912@shaw.ca

joker

The noise problem is caused by a design flaw in your laptop. It isn't
shielded from the PCMCIA slot as well as it should be.

msavery wrote:
> I just bought a mn520 wireless adapter and it worked for
> three days then it started chatering very quickly and
> would not make contact with an access point. After working
> with a nicrosoft technical fellow in Bombay we were able
> to find out that the ID had changed and the adapter could
> not find the access point. changes were made and it now
> works but the communication chatter still goes on. The
> green wireless light flashed alonmg with the chatter and
> it can be qite annoying. So, my question is, is the
> adapter noise common or may there be a problem?
>
> msavery
> stjmss6912@shaw.ca

joker

Here are some articles from the Microsoft Knowledge base that gives a
more detailed explanation.

(Please note you would have this situation no matter what brand of
wireless NIC you are using in that laptop.)

822530 MSBBN: Wireless Network Activity Causes Noise in Speakers

837123 Laptop computer produces buzzing noises when you use
CardBus/PCMCIA wireless 802.11 adapters

joker wrote:
> The noise problem is caused by a design flaw in your laptop. It isn't
> shielded from the PCMCIA slot as well as it should be.
>
> msavery wrote:
>
>> I just bought a mn520 wireless adapter and it worked for three days
>> then it started chatering very quickly and would not make contact with
>> an access point. After working with a nicrosoft technical fellow in
>> Bombay we were able to find out that the ID had changed and the
>> adapter could not find the access point. changes were made and it now
>> works but the communication chatter still goes on. The green wireless
>> light flashed alonmg with the chatter and it can be qite annoying. So,
>> my question is, is the adapter noise common or may there be a problem?
>>
>> msavery
>> stjmss6912@shaw.ca

TRENDING THREADS