Audigy 2 ZS bad for games

LilIceBoy

Distinguished
May 5, 2004
Hi there I'm shopping for a new soundcard and I'm a gamer. I've read a couple of the threads on here saying how great the audigy 2 zs is, however when going on the forums of the big online gaming leagues (CAL, TWL) there are multiple threads about problems with the EAX system.

I need more feedback regarding this. In MULTIPLAYER games, are there any noticable cuts (a drop of around 40 frames per seconds) in firefights for games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield 1942. It seems that things are fine in Miles2D, but when it comes to EAX things start lagging really badly.

http://www.gotfrag.com/cod/threads/82686/

Thank you.

Tweeter

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2003
I've played CoD and May Payne 1 & 2 and the A2ZS performed well for me and I experienced no problems. I'm not a hard core gamer but between myself and other family members we must have played 20-25 games with the Audigy2zs. I recommend it. That's my 2 cents worth.

LilIceBoy

Distinguished
May 5, 2004
Hmm ok thanks for the info. By chance were this single or multiplayer (and when I mean multiplayer I mean 16+ people fighting on the server, not including the specs)?

Everyone is still giving me the same answer "EAX is great for hearing footsteps, but once more than one person shoots at me, everything goes to hell"

Tweeter, do you have EAX 1/2/3/4?

Thanks.

Tweeter

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2003
We have played both single and multiplayer games. The multiplayer games usually had under 16 people, but occasionally had 20 to 25. I can't remember experiencing slowdowns due to sound hardware.

Maybe your computer hardware or internet connection is the source of your problems.

Also, I have up to support up to EAX 4.0 on this Audigy 2-ZS

Hope this helps...

xboxizdope

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2004
I know the Sound Blaster cards are horrible for sound recording, but always thought they were best for games. Never heard of a gamer saying anything bad about them, so it would be interesting to read up on those threads. Got any links?

Enter Sig "Here"