Dumb Question About Folder Background

Hi All,

I've been trying for hours and I can't figure out for the world how to
change the background wallpaper on fodlers for Windows XP. I know how to do
it on Windows ME, but I can't figure out where the hell you can customize
your folders so that there's a different background other than the white
slate that's already preset for all folders.

If anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! =:)

-JMG ',=
2 answers Last reply
More about dumb question folder background

    Have you tried going to:
    - View
    - Customize This Folder...
    Do this in an Explorer.

    bob

    "Shadow_Runner27" <Shadow_Runner27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:0D00DD2C-8164-4B70-8C52-2E2918463AD0@microsoft.com...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've been trying for hours and I can't figure out for the world how to
    > change the background wallpaper on fodlers for Windows XP. I know how to
    do
    > it on Windows ME, but I can't figure out where the hell you can customize
    > your folders so that there's a different background other than the white
    > slate that's already preset for all folders.
    >
    > If anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! =:)
    >
    > -JMG ',=

    There is no dialog on XP to do it. Copy the desktop.ini file from ME and XP will honour it.

    "Shadow_Runner27" <Shadow_Runner27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D00DD2C-8164-4B70-8C52-2E2918463AD0@microsoft.com...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've been trying for hours and I can't figure out for the world how to
    > change the background wallpaper on fodlers for Windows XP. I know how to do
    > it on Windows ME, but I can't figure out where the hell you can customize
    > your folders so that there's a different background other than the white
    > slate that's already preset for all folders.
    >
    > If anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! =:)
    >
    > -JMG ',=

Windows XP