Empire Server Help

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Has anyone run into any trouble with diety logins on a FreeBSD Empire
Server? I've got one, but I can't login as diety... it gives me auth error
when I try to login. If anyone has any experience with something of this
nature, reply or e-mail me @ ten.yellavretaw@nnumc thx!

-GNUb

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

As I recall you need to edit the "auth" file and add yourself as a valid user.

I could be wrong though.

"GNUb" <KingZemus@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone run into any trouble with diety logins on a FreeBSD Empire
> Server? I've got one, but I can't login as diety... it gives me auth error
> when I try to login. If anyone has any experience with something of this
> nature, reply or e-mail me @ ten.yellavretaw@nnumc thx!
>
> -GNUb

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

I'm connecting from the machine with the server running on it.

I'm running it on a shell (for a Bouncer or eggdrop) running FreeBSD-4
(Stable).
I've tried the following two "auth" files:
[note: the server is running under user "cmunn"]
1)

localhost
nobody
127.0.0.1
nobody

2)

localhost
cmunn
127.0.0.1
cmunn

GNUb <KingZemus@Hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm connecting from the machine with the server running on it.
>
> I'm running it on a shell (for a Bouncer or eggdrop) running FreeBSD-4
> (Stable).
> I've tried the following two "auth" files:
> [note: the server is running under user "cmunn"]

What's your own user name?

> 1)
>
> localhost
> nobody
> 127.0.0.1
> nobody
>
> 2)
>
> localhost
> cmunn
> 127.0.0.1
> cmunn

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

"cmunn"

Markus Armbruster <armbru@pond.sub.org> wrote in

> GNUb <KingZemus@Hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm connecting from the machine with the server running on it.
>>
>> I'm running it on a shell (for a Bouncer or eggdrop) running FreeBSD-4
>> (Stable).
>> I've tried the following two "auth" files:
>> [note: the server is running under user "cmunn"]
>
> What's your own user name?
>
>> 1)
>>
>> localhost
>> nobody
>> 127.0.0.1
>> nobody
>>
>> 2)
>>
>> localhost
>> cmunn
>> 127.0.0.1
>> cmunn

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

GNUb <KingZemus@Hotmail.com> writes:

> "cmunn"

Darn. That should work with your auth file. Precise output of a
failed login? What does it write to the server log? What client are
you using?

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

I'll find out this morning and reply in a few hours. It's actually my
brother who's having trouble on his shell. (Mine works just fine off my
box @ home) ^.^ btw, 24 hr updates take forever.

-GNUb, Leading the Fodder Frontier

> "cmunn"
>
> Markus Armbruster <armbru@pond.sub.org> wrote in
>
>> GNUb <KingZemus@Hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm connecting from the machine with the server running on it.
>>>
>>> I'm running it on a shell (for a Bouncer or eggdrop) running
>>> FreeBSD-4 (Stable).
>>> I've tried the following two "auth" files:
>>> [note: the server is running under user "cmunn"]
>>
>> What's your own user name?
>>
>>> 1)
>>>
>>> localhost
>>> nobody
>>> 127.0.0.1
>>> nobody
>>>
>>> 2)
>>>
>>> localhost
>>> cmunn
>>> 127.0.0.1

GNUb wrote:
> I'll find out this morning and reply in a few hours. It's actually my
> brother who's having trouble on his shell. (Mine works just fine off my
> box @ home) ^.^ btw, 24 hr updates take forever.

Heh, not once the game gets going...you'll be praying for 36+ hour
updates ;-)

<snip>

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

GNUb <KingZemus@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm connecting from the machine with the server running on it.

> 2)

> localhost
> cmunn
> 127.0.0.1
> cmunn

N.B. This only works if you connect to 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1'.
If you connect to the external IP or the hostname of the machine, you'll
have to add the ip and/or hostname of the machine you connect from to
the file.

Zlo