Seawolf I Update

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

I sent (or tried to send) an update this morning, but don't see it posted.
Hopefully there's not too much repeated info if they both show up.

Of the eight players who expressed an interest, three of them did not
break. That put a lot of unplanned 'extra' territory out there, but
luckily I don't think it will upset the game balance too much. As it is,
not all of the players have fully explored their start islands.

Right now the power chart visible from visitor looks like this:
- = [ Empire Power Report ] = -
as of Mon May 17 22:11:53 2004

sects eff civ mil shell gun pet iron dust oil pln ship unit money
beep 85 11% 4.0K 0 0 0 0 500 350 49 0 1 0 25K
Saltmine 85 9% 3.9K 0 0 0 0 650 150 0 0 0 0 25K
Octagon 80 8% 3.5K 50 0 0 0 1.5K 550 200 0 0 0 25K
Zero 80 10% 3.8K 0 0 0 0 550 0 0 0 1 0 25K
GNUb 40 36% 3.4K 0 0 0 0 150 100 0 0 0 0 25K
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
worldwide 370 12% 19K 50 0 0 0 3.4K 1.1K 250 0 2 0 120K

After the 3rd update, not one but two ships getting ready to head to sea.

SEAWOLF I is a very slow game. Not only is the update on a 24 hour clock,
but the update is only 48 ETUs instead of the normal 60. This has caused
some griping early on (hey, it only takes so many keystrokes to kick a
mine into production), but it also gives the players some time to plan
things out - hence the ships being built as soon as possible. (Don't think
you can build them any earlier than 3rd update, can you?) When push comes
to shove and troops start making opposed landings, the newer players will
probably appreciate the slower pace of things a bit more. :)

Cheers,

voor

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

I'd just like to say that my 40 sectors have more than 3x the efficiency of
any other player. :p

-GNUb (lvl 5 fodder, yup I finally killed something)

e5z8652 <e5z8652@mail.com> wrote in

GNUb wrote:

> I'd just like to say that my 40 sectors have more than 3x the efficiency of
> any other player. :p
>
> -GNUb (lvl 5 fodder, yup I finally killed something)

Lvl5 requires that you kill someone that fought back (and I assume that
kill means taking the player out of the game - not just killing a unit
or some mil) Since all the original players are still in and viable, I
don't thiink you qualified for lvl5 yet :-(

"GNUb" <KingZemus@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd just like to say that my 40 sectors have more than 3x the efficiency
of
> any other player. :p

Unfortunately you have 600 civs less. You're producing 450 iron less, 250
dust less, and 1 ship less than the leader. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Make sure all your civs are "doing something" and that they are making
babies during the update (You need some food above starvation to make
babies, see version for how much) Sitting in a cap is not doing something
BTW. Shove them in your cap right AFTER the update to make btu's and throw
them back in the mines BEFORE the next update. Also throw 1 food into each
sector with one civ. He does have a chance to reproduce then (Although he
may go blind doing it) and every civ counts.

Anyway, just trying to be helpful.

Best of luck
Mark

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

"GNUb" <KingZemus@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd just like to say that my 40 sectors have more than 3x the efficiency
of
> any other player. :p
>
> -GNUb (lvl 5 fodder, yup I finally killed something)

Starving your own civs twice doesn't count as killing something. :)

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Gemini <spam@nospam.org> wrote in

> GNUb wrote:
>
>> I'd just like to say that my 40 sectors have more than 3x the
>> efficiency of any other player. :p
>>
>> -GNUb (lvl 5 fodder, yup I finally killed something)
>
> Lvl5 requires that you kill someone that fought back (and I assume
> that kill means taking the player out of the game - not just killing a
> unit or some mil) Since all the original players are still in and
> viable, I don't thiink you qualified for lvl5 yet :-(
>
>> e5z8652 <e5z8652@mail.com> wrote in
>>

>>>Of the eight players who expressed an interest, three of them did not
>>>break. That put a lot of unplanned 'extra' territory out there, but
>>>luckily I don't think it will upset the game balance too much. As it
>>>is, not all of the players have fully explored their start islands.

lol, I took out a player in a blitz game, not this one. :) and in 15mins
I'll have made it to endgame :D