How do i install it

manjit_10

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
hi so im building a gaming computer for the first time and when i have the cd do i just turn on my computer and put in the disk and it will install the os??

You have to go into bios, (press del during boot)

Go to boot options and change the DVD drive to the 1st boot device. Then insert disk and save changes and reboot. During boot it will say "press any key to boot from cd/dvd". Press any key and off you go.

Make sure you format the disk. It will give you this option after it starts loading system files. Don't miss the option to format.

yyk71200

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Go to BIOS and set boot priority to to your CD/DVD drive. Insert disk. Save settings in BIOS (F10). Reboot. Disk will ask you to press any button to boot from disk, do so. Just follow through prompts. You'll need to create a partition on your hard drive and format it. When installation reboots the system again, DO NOT BOOT FROM THE CD/DVD (don't press any buttons if it prompts). It will continue installation.

manjit_10

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
wait wait so i power it up hold delete and it will take mme to boot options and i have to change the boot device to the dvd drive and than when i click save changes itw ill and reboot it will ask me to format??? when will it ask me to format and by disk do yuo mean hs??? sorry soo confused

When you turn on your PC press the "F8" button on your keyboard until the option to select your boot device comes up.

Keep pressing it during BIOS\UEFI load until you see it, boot selection menu may vary on motherboard.

Now select your DVD drive and it will load the Windows 8 installer. You will want to select custom and select the hard drive to install on; it's incredibly easy process.