Alan

Having played this great game on my old Nvidia graphics card with NO
problems.I have upgraded to a Radion9600.But the problem now is it wont start
...the error message is diaxag says accleration is not switched on.But when i
check this out every thing is working fine,does any one else have this problem
--
alan

Hi Alan,

There's some known issues with the Radeon and Halo:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829478

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"alan" <alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5785F711-B832-4140-9BA3-FB46530D143D@microsoft.com...
| Having played this great game on my old Nvidia graphics card with NO
| problems.I have upgraded to a Radion9600.But the problem now is it wont start
| ..the error message is diaxag says accleration is not switched on.But when i
| check this out every thing is working fine,does any one else have this problem
| --
| alan

I have this problem. Just installed a ATI X600 256MB and Halo is the only
game that won't play. Same situation you state, which is why I came here.
Guess I'll have to review the support page URL posted in this thread and see
what I can find. Pretty disappointing. It's obviously common to have a new
game not be supported on a video card. But geez, never heard of the reverse
being true.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
www.davidbartosik.com

"alan" <alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having played this great game on my old Nvidia graphics card with NO
> problems.I have upgraded to a Radion9600.But the problem now is it wont
> start
> ..the error message is diaxag says accleration is not switched on.But when
> check this out every thing is working fine,does any one else have this
> problem
> --
> alan

Installing Halo patch 1.06 fixed my issue.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
www.publishermvps.com
www.davidbartosik.com