TimeCopy Conduit not displayed

Tags:
August 28, 2004 5:42:12 PM

Hey all,

Found out about TimeCopy today and it worked great on my Windows
machine at work. Sync'd time like a champ.

Downloaded it at home for my Mac (TiBook, Panther), and I copied the
conduit "TimeCopy Conduit" to my Conduits folder. But there is no
syncing going on. In fact, the TimeCopy conduit does not even display
in the Conduit list, and so does not even show in the sync log.

What makes a conduit show in the Conduit list? Also, is there a web
site or FAQ somewhere that answers these "haskerish" type questions?
I find plenty of sites for those who are very new to the game, but
those pages are a little basic. And there seem to be good developer
resources, but I am not trying to code aa C++ module or anything here.
Is there a good FAQ or book for those "in between" type of questions
that get a little more in-depth than a 5 page PDF file with bog
colorful pictures? *smile*

For anyone who has TimeCopy working for a recent Tungsten E Palm
syncing with a Mac running Panther, drop me a line or post here,
please. I am already in your debt!
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 5:24:39 AM

In article <5cd11d9c.0408281242.54e14985@posting.google.com>,
junk@sutekh137.net (Joe Kaufman) wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Found out about TimeCopy today and it worked great on my Windows
> machine at work. Sync'd time like a champ.
>
> Downloaded it at home for my Mac (TiBook, Panther), and I copied the
> conduit "TimeCopy Conduit" to my Conduits folder. But there is no
> syncing going on. In fact, the TimeCopy conduit does not even display
> in the Conduit list, and so does not even show in the sync log.
>
> What makes a conduit show in the Conduit list? Also, is there a web
> site or FAQ somewhere that answers these "haskerish" type questions?
> I find plenty of sites for those who are very new to the game, but
> those pages are a little basic. And there seem to be good developer
> resources, but I am not trying to code aa C++ module or anything here.
> Is there a good FAQ or book for those "in between" type of questions
> that get a little more in-depth than a 5 page PDF file with bog
> colorful pictures? *smile*
>
> For anyone who has TimeCopy working for a recent Tungsten E Palm
> syncing with a Mac running Panther, drop me a line or post here,
> please. I am already in your debt!

There is a Mac specific TimeCopy conduit. I use it everyday, and find
it wonderful. Try this web site:
http://www.notifymail.com/palm/timecopy/

There is also a different conduit for Mac OS 9 vs Mac OS X. I have used
both in the past. The Palm Desktop 2.6.3 version will work with Mac OS
9 and the Palm Desktop 4.0 version will work with Mac OS X.

On Mac OS X, the conduits go in:
/Library/Application\ Support/Palm\ HotSync/Conduits/TimeCopy\ Conduit

I forget where the Mac OS 9 conduits were stored.

As for a good web site for getting these kinds of questions answered, I
would suggest http://1src.com and look at the forums related to your
Palm as well as some of the general forums.

Bob Harris
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 5:24:40 AM

Bob,

I appreciate the feedback.

I am using the Mac-specific TimeCopy conduit downloaded from the site
the main home page for TimeCopy told me to go. The zip file had
version 1.4 and 1.4.1 of the cinduits. I tried both.

I am all Mac OSX and I placed the conduits where you say to place it.
It does not show up in my Conduit list in the NotSync software, and
the time does not sync.

I will check out that site you mention, though, and try to dig deeper
into this.

Thanks for taking the time to help out!

JoeK

!