Unable to uninstall software

Trying to uninstall something called APManager which was for access a
wireless access point which is now redundant.

The uninstall wizard launches then quits.

The same thing happens with add/remove software in control panel.

Howe do I uninstall it?

It launches an irritating window at start up.
5 answers Last reply
More about unable uninstall software

    Trevor Appleton wrote:
    > Trying to uninstall something called APManager which was for access a
    > wireless access point which is now redundant.
    >
    > The uninstall wizard launches then quits.
    >
    > The same thing happens with add/remove software in control panel.
    >
    > Howe do I uninstall it?
    >
    > It launches an irritating window at start up.

    Have you tried asking the software makers, as it was them that wrote the
    uninstall routine? Why would you think that this is a Windows XP
    problem?

    If no joy from the people that caused your problem, you could always
    stop the program from running at start up.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    "Trevor Appleton" <trevor.appleton@woldsedge.org.uk> wrote in message
    > Trying to uninstall something called APManager which was for access a
    > wireless access point which is now redundant.
    >
    > The uninstall wizard launches then quits.
    >
    > The same thing happens with add/remove software in control panel.
    >
    > Howe do I uninstall it?
    >
    > It launches an irritating window at start up.

    Reinstall it and then uninstall it. Could be the current install is
    corrupt so it can't figure out how to uninstall. If that doesn't work,
    you're are stuck with manually eradicating the files and registry
    entries, or contacting the software maker. In the meantime, use
    msconfig.exe to disable the startup item.

    meantime, use
    > msconfig.exe to disable the startup item.

    How do I do that without leaving it in selective start up?

    Trevor Appleton wrote:

    > meantime, use
    >> msconfig.exe to disable the startup item.
    >

    > How do I do that without leaving it in selective start up?

    There is nothing wrong with leaving the machine in Selective Startup!
    All that means is that you "selected" what is going to start with
    Windows. In the many years I've been working on Windows computers, I've
    never seen a machine where the Normal, "unselected" Startup shouldn't
    have been changed. Here's how to use the System Configuration Utility:

    Go to Start>Run and type (without quotes) "msconfig" [enter]. This
    brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab and
    find the probable culprit. Uncheck the box next to its name, Apply and
    OK out. You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do
    you'll get a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Just tick the box
    that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

    How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke wrote:
    > Trevor Appleton wrote:
    >

    >> meantime, use
    >>> msconfig.exe to disable the startup item.
    >>

    >> How do I do that without leaving it in selective start up?
    >
    > There is nothing wrong with leaving the machine in Selective Startup!
    > All that means is that you "selected" what is going to start with
    > Windows. In the many years I've been working on Windows computers,
    > I've never seen a machine where the Normal, "unselected" Startup
    > shouldn't have been changed. Here's how to use the System
    > Configuration Utility:
    >
    > Go to Start>Run and type (without quotes) "msconfig" [enter]. This
    > brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab
    > and find the probable culprit. Uncheck the box next to its name,
    > Apply and OK out. You don't need to restart immediately, but the next
    > time you do you'll get a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Just
    > tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".
    >
    > How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560
    >
    > Malke

    To the OP:

    And if you are that anal that you cannot possibly bear to have your
    computer starting up in selective startup, then delete the programs Run
    entry from the registry, otherwise take Malke's sage advise.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Wireless Access Microsoft Software Windows XP