Sign in with
Your question

Computer wont recognize keyboard on startup

Last response: in Windows 7
August 24, 2012 4:23:06 AM

WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS. AFTER A POWER OUTAGE, UPON START-UP COMPUTER SAYS "KEYBOARD ERROR" AND "ID" ABOUT IT BUT CUTS OFF TO FAST FOR ME TO WRITE IT DOWN,GOES INTO THE COUNTDOWN MODE OF SECONDS BUT I CANNOT CLICK ENTER,THEN GOES INTO SEARCH WINDOW,SEARCHES FOR ERRORS,SAYS THERE IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM,TELLS ME TO RESTORE IN THE SYSTEM RESTORE WINDOW BUT I CANNOT CLICK ENTER OR RESTORE BECAUSE THE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD ARE NOT RECOGNIZED. CHANGED MEMORY,CHANGED POWER SUPPLY BOX, TRIED OTHER KEYBOARDS AND MOUSES, TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE A USB ALL TERRAIN MOUSE,MY COMPUTER DID NOT COME WITH OPS DISC.
August 24, 2012 4:47:09 AM

It sounds like your usb port got fried...
m
l
August 24, 2012 6:53:38 AM

THANKS KILLERHURTALOT FOR ANSWERING ME. I THOUGHT THAT ALSO,SO I PUT THE MONITER AND THEN THE WEB CAM USB PLUG WHERE MOUSES USB WAS.BOTH OF THEM WORKED.I HAVE 6 USB PORTS I TRIED THEM ALL.THEY ALL WORK FOR OTHER THINGS. I AM REALLY TRYING NOT TO GO TO A TECH. I THOUGHT MAYBE THE DRIVERS SOMEHOW WERE ZAPPED OUT OF PLACE. WONDERING IF I BOUGHT AN OPS IF THE COMPUTER WOULD START FROM THERE WITHOUT BEING INTERNALLY SET TO START UP FROM THE DISC. JUST TO LET ALL WHO READ KNOW I WRITE IN CAPS BECAUSE I AM A "PECKER" CANNOT TYPE. NOT YELLING AT ANYONE.

PEACE TO ALL
m
l
Related resources
!