Start up

When i turn on my compaq laptop it goes through the booting up procedure up
until when windows xp should start then it starts booting up fron the
beginnning and just keeps doing this so you never get into windows.
6 answers Last reply
More about start

    does the windows screen ever splash or is it just the bios screen you see?
    was xp preinstalled or did you upgrade? has anything changed on the computer
    recently?

    "Nick" wrote:

    > When i turn on my compaq laptop it goes through the booting up procedure up
    > until when windows xp should start then it starts booting up fron the
    > beginnning and just keeps doing this so you never get into windows.

    the windows screen appears saying windows is starting up this is there for
    about a minute then the computer reboots. Its not an upgrade its the windows
    xp that was preinstalled

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > does the windows screen ever splash or is it just the bios screen you see?
    > was xp preinstalled or did you upgrade? has anything changed on the computer
    > recently?
    >

    > "Nick" wrote:
    >
    > > When i turn on my compaq laptop it goes through the booting up procedure up
    > > until when windows xp should start then it starts booting up fron the
    > > beginnning and just keeps doing this so you never get into windows.

    Nick,
    Mash the F-8 key just after boot-up before the Win logo screen starts.
    Start in safe mode. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Start-up and
    Recovery, Settings tab, _uncheck_ Automatically restart.
    The next time you boot up normally, you should get an error message.
    Write down the exact message and post as a seperate thread. (you'll get
    faster help that way)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    I've tried that but it gets to the same point and reboots so you never
    actually get into windows

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > Nick,
    > Mash the F-8 key just after boot-up before the Win logo screen starts.
    > Start in safe mode. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Start-up and
    > Recovery, Settings tab, _uncheck_ Automatically restart.
    > The next time you boot up normally, you should get an error message.
    > Write down the exact message and post as a seperate thread. (you'll get
    > faster help that way)
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    Try F8 again - this time select Last Known Good.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've tried that but it gets to the same point and reboots so you never
    > actually get into windows
    >
    > "Treeman" wrote:
    >

    > > Nick,
    > > Mash the F-8 key just after boot-up before the Win logo screen starts.
    > > Start in safe mode. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Start-up and
    > > Recovery, Settings tab, _uncheck_ Automatically restart.
    > > The next time you boot up normally, you should get an error message.
    > > Write down the exact message and post as a seperate thread. (you'll get
    > > faster help that way)
    > > Best,
    > > Treeman
    > >

    > > --
    > > Treeman

    > > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    > > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870564244

    Windows goes into reboot loop might due to old video drivers or other
    drivers that causing the system to reboot constantly. Reboot into Safe mode
    (F8) and check Device Manager to determine if there any driver conflict.

    Tony P.

    "Doug Sherman [MVP]" <dsherman@nospamtampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Try F8 again - this time select Last Known Good.
    >
    > Doug Sherman
    > MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP
    >
    > "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I've tried that but it gets to the same point and reboots so you never
    >> actually get into windows
    >>
    >> "Treeman" wrote:
    >>

    >> > Nick,
    >> > Mash the F-8 key just after boot-up before the Win logo screen starts.
    >> > Start in safe mode. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Start-up and
    >> > Recovery, Settings tab, _uncheck_ Automatically restart.
    >> > The next time you boot up normally, you should get an error message.
    >> > Write down the exact message and post as a seperate thread. (you'll get
    >> > faster help that way)
    >> > Best,
    >> > Treeman
    >> >

    >> > --