nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When i turn on my compaq laptop it goes through the booting up procedure up
until when windows xp should start then it starts booting up fron the
beginnning and just keeps doing this so you never get into windows.

kelly

does the windows screen ever splash or is it just the bios screen you see?
was xp preinstalled or did you upgrade? has anything changed on the computer
recently?

"Nick" wrote:

> When i turn on my compaq laptop it goes through the booting up procedure up
> until when windows xp should start then it starts booting up fron the
> beginnning and just keeps doing this so you never get into windows.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

the windows screen appears saying windows is starting up this is there for
about a minute then the computer reboots. Its not an upgrade its the windows
xp that was preinstalled

"Kelly" wrote:

> does the windows screen ever splash or is it just the bios screen you see?
> was xp preinstalled or did you upgrade? has anything changed on the computer
> recently?
>

> "Nick" wrote:
>
> > When i turn on my compaq laptop it goes through the booting up procedure up
> > until when windows xp should start then it starts booting up fron the
> > beginnning and just keeps doing this so you never get into windows.

Nick,
Mash the F-8 key just after boot-up before the Win logo screen starts.
Start in safe mode. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Start-up and
Recovery, Settings tab, _uncheck_ Automatically restart.
The next time you boot up normally, you should get an error message.
Write down the exact message and post as a seperate thread. (you'll get
faster help that way)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've tried that but it gets to the same point and reboots so you never
actually get into windows

"Treeman" wrote:

> Nick,
> Mash the F-8 key just after boot-up before the Win logo screen starts.
> Start in safe mode. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Start-up and
> Recovery, Settings tab, _uncheck_ Automatically restart.
> The next time you boot up normally, you should get an error message.
> Write down the exact message and post as a seperate thread. (you'll get
> faster help that way)
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Try F8 again - this time select Last Known Good.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried that but it gets to the same point and reboots so you never
> actually get into windows
>
> "Treeman" wrote:
>

> > Nick,
> > Mash the F-8 key just after boot-up before the Win logo screen starts.
> > Start in safe mode. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Start-up and
> > Recovery, Settings tab, _uncheck_ Automatically restart.
> > The next time you boot up normally, you should get an error message.
> > Write down the exact message and post as a seperate thread. (you'll get
> > faster help that way)
> > Best,
> > Treeman
> >

> > --
> > Treeman

> > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870564244

Windows goes into reboot loop might due to old video drivers or other
drivers that causing the system to reboot constantly. Reboot into Safe mode
(F8) and check Device Manager to determine if there any driver conflict.

Tony P.